2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
The show is going in too many directions

The Tara self destruction thing is a tad over the top for me. She appears to want to stay while Jax wants to leave.

I like the Unser Opie thing.

The "war games" is getting old.

Overall the show is still good but it is winding down.

That's been the way I've felt about the show the whole season, it seems.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 12:09 PM)
I used to like Cochran but hes played a pretty bad game. My only hope is that Ozzie keeps winning and gets back in the game to win. The next few weeks should be interesting, based on how Coach's tribe splits.

If these people are too dumb to blind side Coach, shame on them. He has everyone except Cochran eating out of the palm of his hand. He will win if he gets to the final 3.

Cochran at least had the guts to make a big move that got him further in the game. Albert has had the right idea but hadn't been able to execute.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
FYI, this season of "The Walking Dead" will be split up. After the next two episodes, the remaining six won't start airing until February.

That's a good way to drive away an already weary fan base.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
BTW, last night's South Park was phenomenal. Good to see them put out a classic. There were only a few good ones this season, but they ended on a bang.

totally disagree, that was one of the seasons dumbest episodes.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
Ive been reading the Walking Dead graphic novel and I must say, it is a s*** load better than the tv show. A much better plot, character development, etc, the only thing it cant do is "scare" you as much.

It's really not even close which one is better. Plus, the graphic novel does some things that they could NEVER do on TV.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 09:52 PM)
It's really not even close which one is better. Plus, the graphic novel does some things that they could NEVER do on TV.

It is well worth the $35 on amazon, plus you can sell it back for like $18. I was amazed by the detail in the comics too.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)
I am finally watching the most recent Boardwalk Empire. It's weird, kinda surreal, to watch Tom Aldredge play a dying character knowing that he's now gone and was dying at the time of the filming.

The last episode was fantastic. I think Season 2 has been better than season 1 at least so far. My only fear is

that they've turned Jimmy into some crazed killing machine. Just one episode ago he was having serious regrets about putting the hit on Nucky, but now he throws Mickey over the balcony and stares down the dude from Philly? Power corrupts, I get that, but his change from Augustus to Caligula was a bit rushed IMO (and yeah, he's clearly a ruthless killer to his enemies, but I guess that's why it was so strange that he'd throw one of his own guys away like that). Hopefully it was just the booze.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 07:19 AM)
you guys seem kind of surprised that "the book is better than the movie". That is the case 99 percent of the time, theatre of the mind makes everything better

Well to be fair I had no idea how well a graphic novel would work, mainly because I never read comics as a kid.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 19, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
The last episode was fantastic. I think Season 2 has been better than season 1 at least so far. My only fear is

that they've turned Jimmy into some crazed killing machine. Just one episode ago he was having serious regrets about putting the hit on Nucky, but now he throws Mickey over the balcony and stares down the dude from Philly? Power corrupts, I get that, but his change from Augustus to Caligula was a bit rushed IMO (and yeah, he's clearly a ruthless killer to his enemies, but I guess that's why it was so strange that he'd throw one of his own guys away like that). Hopefully it was just the booze.

I think it was a combination of the booze, Manny RIGHTFULLY calling him a little boy for being pushed to do the hit by his mother and friends (the deer speech Manny gave), and the fact that he actually cares for Nucky but not his current entourage.

I hope they keep Manny around because that character is awesome, and Forsythe is perfect in the role. They need to use him more instead of every other episode. Watching the last episode, I couldn't help but realize how deep each character on this show is. It really is great.