2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 06:39 PM)
Yeah pretty sure Herschel told Rick that in their big talk in the house. I thought it was odd too since he's so old. Maybe I heard it wrong.

Yeah, I think you just misheard.

I watched the ending scene again and there was a moment where an old woman gets shot in the face and it immediately cuts to Herschel being distraught. I guess it was just more subtle than I expected.

Lol, this guy is great:

videogum.com/421311/the-walking-dead-s02e07-season-finale-sort-of/tv/recaps/

Oh wait! There is still a zombie left! You can hear it gurgling and shuffling and doing zombie stuff. It emerges into the light and actually makes a face like the sun is too bright. Ha! Wait, is that a thing? Do zombies’s eyes need to adjust? That doesn’t seem like it should be a thing. But there is no time to consult a Zombie Scientist about this eye thing because we are all so overwhelmed by the fact that the last zombie is SOPHIA!

sophia_zombie.jpg

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. f*** YOUUUUUUUUUUUU! No one can believe that Sophia is a zombie, which hardly seems like the issue right now. The issue is that Herschel and his family have known that these guys were looking for a missing little girl the entire time that they’ve been on the farm, and not once did any of them say, “Hey, uh, so this is kind of awkward, but we, like, uh, found a little girl zombie two days after you got here looking for a little girl. It’s probably just a coinky-dink, but thought you might want to know. Her name is Zombie Sophia.” Grimes moves through the crowd of not-so-sharp shooters and blasts Sophia in the face.

sophia_gun.jpg

Thank god. Put this plotline out of its misery. (This moment would be way more tense and dramatic if the very first thing Grimes did after he got out of the hospital in the first five minutes of the very first episode was SHOOT A LITTLE GIRL ZOMBIE IN THE FACE. Been there. Done that. Hate Shophia’s t-shirt.) And that is the end of that. Just to recap what happened on this season of The Walking Dead: A little girl went missing. They found a farm. Glen got it wet. The end. This show is coming back in February? TOO SOON!

Edited by Jenksismybitch

If you watch the Talking Dead after show the writer said that Herschel referenced that Otis was that one that rounded them up, so he was the only one aware of who was in the barn. He's dead and isn't able to connect the dots for the group. That said, I was still hoping for a 'we may never know' cliffhanger for realism, though they seemed to write their way out of it pretty well.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
If you watch the Talking Dead after show the writer said that Herschel referenced that Otis was that one that rounded them up, so he was the only one aware of who was in the barn. He's dead and isn't able to connect the dots for the group. That said, I was still hoping for a 'we may never know' cliffhanger for realism, though they seemed to write their way out of it pretty well.

Well, there you go. That about packs it up neatly. And while a "we may never know" cliffhanger would have been good, that finale does so much more for the plot and characters moving forward.

Rick really needed something to separate him from the rest of the group, something definitive to show his "superiority" (for lack of a better word). This did it. The way this finale went, I'm looking forward to the next part more than I was after the previous finale, despite this season as a whole being worse.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
The way this finale went, I'm looking forward to the next part more than I was after the previous finale, despite this season as a whole being worse.

I think that's just because there was little progress in the season until the last 5 minutes of this episode. I was thinking 'oh we finally have some story progress and you go on break, awesome.' The first season had a lot of story progress, but focused less on character development so the cliffhanger was relatively weak but it kept you interested throughout. Hopefully that they've got a lot of character development out of the way they can have a strong finish to the season though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)

I dont think that kid was really Nazir's son, it was just set up to manipulate brody. Maybe thats too much of a conspiracy.

Wouldn't be shocked if you were right. So many twists and turns and I love em all on the show.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
I think that's just because there was little progress in the season until the last 5 minutes of this episode. I was thinking 'oh we finally have some story progress and you go on break, awesome.' The first season had a lot of story progress, but focused less on character development so the cliffhanger was relatively weak but it kept you interested throughout. Hopefully that they've got a lot of character development out of the way they can have a strong finish to the season though.

Exactly.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 10:11 PM)
Yeah that's going to start a war.

That was my thought. I have no idea what Jimmy is going to do exactly, but it's going to be bloody. This could easily turn him into the bloodthirsty mafioso Luciano and Capone want.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Nov 28, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
And Manny f***ing Horvitz.

As soon as his character was first introduced, I was just waiting for him to f*** some people up.

With only two episodes left, there's gonna have to be a lot of action coming up.