2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 4, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)

Despite not being blood siblings, a relationship between Deb and Dexter would be too creepy.

I get that, but you see it now too dont you? especially with the psychiatrist talking to Deb? it is weird, but it is definitely looking like that is a direction they are considering

I know, I know, Steve9347 said it isnt going to happen therefore it is not allowed because he knows.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
I get that, but you see it now too dont you? especially with the psychiatrist talking to Deb? it is weird, but it is definitely looking like that is a direction they are considering

I know, I know, Steve9347 said it isnt going to happen therefore it is not allowed because he knows.

Apparently the head of Showtime said something about the final two episodes setting up the eventual ending to the show in season 8. I hope it's true. And unless the finale has some serious mind-blowing s*** that is also not outrageously ridiculous, I'm probably done with the show.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 02:00 PM)
Apparently the head of Showtime said something about the final two episodes setting up the eventual ending to the show in season 8. I hope it's true. And unless the finale has some serious mind-blowing s*** that is also not outrageously ridiculous, I'm probably done with the show.

This season has not been good, but I'll probably stick with Dexter til the end.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
One of my old roommates had heard about it from a friend a few years ago so we started watching it. It's a superb show... one of the few that could sustain a pretty significant cast change from season one to two and still maintain its quality/improve. It's perfectly casted... just an outstanding series. It's up there with Arrested Development as my favorite comedy.

I was sold from the very first scene of the show, which is the first twenty or so minutes of this trailer:

While I'm linking to awesome Party Down scenes, why not:

Party Down is unquestionably brilliant.

Once again some former Freaks and Geeks cast characters help make the show what it is. Say what you want about Apatow but he really had an eye for young talent. Almost everyone on F&G and even Undeclared are starring in something these days.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
I love the back story of Jimmy Darmody in this past week's episode of Boardwalk Empire. God his mother is a straight up freak.

That whole family has been such an interesting storyline. There has always seem to be something bothering Jimmy, when the show started they played it off as his experience in Europe during the War, but slowly the truth came out.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
One hilarious scene, with another complete downer of an episode.

Pretty awful. When it turned out that Robin's kids weren't real, it made it that much worse. Thanks for wasting 23 minutes of my life, when I want family drama, I watch Parenthood with the wife.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 6, 2011 -> 11:29 PM)
Pretty awful. When it turned out that Robin's kids weren't real, it made it that much worse. Thanks for wasting 23 minutes of my life, when I want family drama, I watch Parenthood with the wife.

That's about how I felt. The scene with the vagina numbing cream was lol, other than that the parts with "Scott" were forced and obvious. The Robin storyline was too much for what the show was supposed to be.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
Still worth watching somewhat, hopefully the Oakland drama brings it down to earth next season.

It gets another season from me, but then it might be time to cash in the chips.

Here's how the seasons go:

1 - Pretty damn good

2 - Awesome, hands-down the best season to date

3 - Terrible, only saving grace was the final 15 minutes of the finale

4 - Better only than season 3, had much more upside, but every good potential storyline was derailed

One thing is for sure (and something I've mentioned before), but SOA is the king of the deus ex machina plot.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
It gets another season from me, but then it might be time to cash in the chips.

Yeah, see, I like the idea of Jax taking over the club, obviously.

But they didn’t need to lie to me all season to get there. They just basically decided to tell us the entire season was bs last night!

Murderous cartel is working with CIA
  • Seriously! They murdered people!
  • Oh, sorry about hurting Tara’s hand. We were trying to get her to a safehouse!

Tara’s now ok with Charming
  • For two seasons she’s wanted out.
  • The entire season was based on Jax getting out.
  • The job in Portland was a done deal.
  • Eh, no biggie sweetheart! I see you with that gavel and it just makes me so wet! Let’s stay here forever!

Jax to Opie: Trust me
  • How about NO.
  • Clay killed my wife!
  • Clay killed my dad!
  • Oh, ok, I’ll trust you, Jax. Hugs n kisses.

FBI goofball – now a nice guy!
  • Hey, black dude from Prison Break. I actually respect you.
  • Sure, I used you like my b**** all season.
  • But seriously, I respect you.
  • See? I’m going to let Juice go!! All is well.

Seriously, what a crock. There are about a million more issues with everything. Every point of contention that was raised during this season was dismissed in a 32 minute episode. “The Killing” proved to execs that one thing fans don’t like is to find out they’ve been lied to all season long… way to go SOA.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)

But they didn’t need to lie to me all season to get there. They just basically decided to tell us the entire season was bs last night!

• Oh, sorry about hurting Tara’s hand. We were trying to get her to a safehouse!

• Eh, no biggie sweetheart! I see you with that gavel and it just makes me so wet! Let’s stay here forever!

• How about NO.
  • Clay killed my wife!
  • Clay killed my dad!

Seriously, what a crock. There are about a million more issues with everything. Every point of contention that was raised during this season was dismissed in a 32 minute episode. “The Killing” proved to execs that one thing fans don’t like is to find out they’ve been lied to all season long… way to go SOA.

Pretty much spot on. The entire season was a sham. It honestly might as well not have happened. The show refuses to sway from the status quo. Everything that occurred this season could have happened in one scene, something like a shootout with a rival gang leaves the three meaningless members of the club dead and Clay in the hospital, so Jax takes over. There, I did as much in 15 seconds as this show did all season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)

• How about NO.
  • Clay killed my wife!
  • Clay killed my dad!

I usually agree with your commentary but definitely disagreeing with a lot here.

Tara is staying because she wants to keep her family together, and Jax is being honest with her finally (a big thing from last season). Opie DID NOT show up to the meeting, meaning he's not okay with Jax. The FBI/AG guy was weird as f***, and kind of a mystery, but he never seemed to really want to take down the Sons, he wanted the cartel and IRA. Once that was out of the picture, he did just what he wanted to do, he obviously didn't like people much and maybe respected the sheriff enough to do something right for him.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)
Pretty much spot on. The entire season was a sham. It honestly might as well not have happened. The show refuses to sway from the status quo. Everything that occurred this season could have happened in one scene, something like a shootout with a rival gang leaves the three meaningless members of the club dead and Clay in the hospital, so Jax takes over. There, I did as much in 15 seconds as this show did all season.

I do agree the whole cartel/CIA thing is just a stupid storyline that the writers decided to pull out of their ass.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
Still worth watching somewhat, hopefully the Oakland drama brings it down to earth next season.

Im hoping with some of these crazy storylines that they get back to the local gang type fights, especially vs Oakland. I think that would get the show a bit more on track.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:07 AM)

It kind of depends on how it plays out next season. I believe it only was to run for 5 seasons.

It will be interesting to see how Clay is handled.

Opie did not come back last night did he? He could be the wrench in the plans next year.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:09 AM)
I usually agree with your commentary but definitely disagreeing with a lot here.

Tara is staying because she wants to keep her family together, and Jax is being honest with her finally (a big thing from last season). Opie DID NOT show up to the meeting, meaning he's not okay with Jax. The FBI/AG guy was weird as f***, and kind of a mystery, but he never seemed to really want to take down the Sons, he wanted the cartel and IRA. Once that was out of the picture, he did just what he wanted to do, he obviously didn't like people much and maybe respected the sheriff enough to do something right for him.

Tara talked for two seasons about wanting like hell to get out, and to provide safety for her sons. Suddenly, she's OK with letting them stay there and grow up into the gang themselves. Purely a plot device.

Opie is still aware that Clay is alive, but he listened to Jax when he told him that he was necessary for the deal which Opie was against in the first place. No way Opie wouldn't take the very first chance he got to finish Clay off.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 7, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
Tara talked for two seasons about wanting like hell to get out, and to provide safety for her sons. Suddenly, she's OK with letting them stay there and grow up into the gang themselves. Purely a plot device.

Opie is still aware that Clay is alive, but he listened to Jax when he told him that he was necessary for the deal which Opie was against in the first place. No way Opie wouldn't take the very first chance he got to finish Clay off.

I was just about to type these responses but hit refresh. Thanks for taking care of that.

Also, Russ, seriously, the FBI guy was nothing but a complete dickhole to Prison Break all year long. He gave no f***s. Then he decides to tell him he "respects" him, which is a crock, but it works for the neatly giftwrapped episode we were fed last night.