2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

I've been re-reading the graphic novel recently, and I'd just like to express how sick I am of the Walking Dead TV show. Where the f*** is Tyrese, goddamnit?

The finale was the same old s*** they've been doing from the start. If I wasn't a fan of the graphic novel or a "ZOMG ZOMBIES" type of person, I'd have dropped it awhile ago.

Edited by Felix

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)
I've been re-reading the graphic novel recently, and I'd just like to express how sick I am of the Walking Dead TV show. Where the f*** is Tyrese, goddamnit?

The finale was the same old s*** they've been doing from the start. If I wasn't a fan of the graphic novel or a "ZOMG ZOMBIES" type of person, I'd have dropped it awhile ago.

The one thing that I hate most about Walking Dead: people talking about the graphic novel.

Where is so and so? Why isn't so and so doing this yet? Why is the TV show so much s***tier than the comic?

Bleh.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 07:53 PM)

100% agreed.

Do you think the show will actually go to the prison or to Fort Bennett?

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)
The one thing that I hate most about Walking Dead: people talking about the graphic novel.

Where is so and so? Why isn't so and so doing this yet? Why is the TV show so much s***tier than the comic?

Bleh.

I catch myself talking about the graphic novel too much, but it seriously is a LOT better, it's not even close. If you enjoy the show, you will most definitely enjoy the graphic novel. I just recommend holding out until you are done with the show to read the novel.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)

Bleh.

I have to agree with this. I'm an avid reader, and I'm usually let down by the movie version of a book or short story. However, I haven't read the graphic novels, and I'm watching The Walking Dead as a TV show, and that's it. I will most likely read the graphic novels, but I'll wait. Otherwise I'd be doing the same thing...comparing and complaining.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
100% agreed.

I catch myself talking about the graphic novel too much, but it seriously is a LOT better, it's not even close. If you enjoy the show, you will most definitely enjoy the graphic novel. I just recommend holding out until you are done with the show to read the novel.

I'm growing tired of the show and anticipate the book being more of what I wanted the show to be. What "book" did you get? The Comendium One (the first eight volumes)? There's a paperback edition of that for $32 on Amazon. Looks like the remaining volumes have to be bought separately.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
I'm growing tired of the show and anticipate the book being more of what I wanted the show to be. What "book" did you get? The Comendium One (the first eight volumes)? There's a paperback edition of that for $32 on Amazon. Looks like the remaining volumes have to be bought separately.

Yup that's the one, and you can sell it back for around $20 too. I'm probably going o wait for the next compendium to come out cuz the books are pricey otherwise.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 29, 2011 -> 10:50 PM)
100% agreed.

The prison wouldn't surprise me, but I can see them avoiding a lot of the... uglier moments. Unfortunately, that's also what will make the TV show even more boring.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)

That's what I own. Haven't read past it, as I've been waiting for the second one to be released.

QUOTE (Felix @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)

The prison wouldn't surprise me, but I can see them avoiding a lot of the... uglier moments. Unfortunately, that's also what will make the TV show even more boring.

That's what I own. Haven't read past it, as I've been waiting for the second one to be released.

I really hope Tyrese is added, his character could add a ton to the show. I wouldn't mind a small change and have his daughter be Carl's age, kind of a replacement for Sophia.

I also hope that they skip the whole storyline that they are already infected, since I only read the compendium Im not sure where that goes but I wasn't a huge fan of that twist.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 30, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)

I really hope Tyrese is added, his character could add a ton to the show. I wouldn't mind a small change and have his daughter be Carl's age, kind of a replacement for Sophia.

I also hope that they skip the whole storyline that they are already infected, since I only read the compendium Im not sure where that goes but I wasn't a huge fan of that twist.

I don't know about changing Tyrese's daughters age, mostly because that would be a significant change to Tyrese's character. If his daughter is younger/without a boyfriend, then she won't die in a failed suicide pact, which would change how Tyrese develops. Who knows though? I basically took the midseason finale as a 'f*** you' of sorts to the graphic novel, as it indicated that they were pretty clearly steering it in a different direction. I kept hoping that something would go wrong with Rick and Hershel bringing those two walkers to the barn, resulting in Hershel's son getting bitten and Hershel losing it, but I knew that wasn't going to happen unfortunately.

Definitely agree about the "they're already infected" storyline. Never was a fan, and like you, I haven't read past the first compendium, so I haven't seen where it eventually leads. Never was all that interested in it, however.

I'm really curious about how they develop Carl's character. They've basically stayed away from most of the defining moments of his childhood (saving his mother from a walker during a raid, shooting Shane to save Rick), and now that Sophia is gone, I really don't know how they plan to develop him into anything worthwhile. Maybe he'll start maturing more in the second half of this season, but otherwise they've really f***ed his character up.

Well, last night was the first time I've ever fast forwarded the Office to get it over with. It's supposed to be a comedy, right? James Spader's character was awful on the finale last year, and I can't believe they brought him back in such a big role.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Well, last night was the first time I've ever fast forwarded the Office to get it over with. It's supposed to be a comedy, right? James Spader's character was awful on the finale last year, and I can't believe they brought him back in such a big role.

I dropped that trash show weeks ago. It was the opposite of funny.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
The moment I saw
, I stopped watching that show. And this was a looooooooong time ago.

The show stopped being funny to me when Michael went from annoying to unbearably retarded. For most people, Steve Carell was the reason that they loved that show. For me, he was the reason I was driven away.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
The show stopped being funny to me when Michael went from annoying to unbearably retarded. For most people, Steve Carell was the reason that most people loved that show. For me, he was the reason I was driven away.

100% agree. He is completely unbearable in that show.

While I'm on my soap box, Ken Marino in Party Down is a MUCH better character than Steve Carell in the Office. Both serve a similar purpose for the show, and it's not even close which one is funnier or a better character.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
100% agree. He is completely unbearable in that show.

While I'm on my soap box, Ken Marino in Party Down is a MUCH better character than Steve Carell in the Office. Both serve a similar purpose for the show, and it's not even close which one is funnier or a better character.

Well, it's not like Carell was bad for the first few seasons. The character just got worse and worse, and more and more unbelievably stupid. Party Down (I've never seen it) has only been on the air for like two seasons. The same could easily happen there.

I only know that I'd often find myself just being angry at Michael rather than laughing or even finding him uncomfortably embarrassing/awkward.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
Well, it's not like Carell was bad for the first few seasons. The character just got worse and worse, and more and more unbelievably stupid. Party Down (I've never seen it) has only been on the air for like two seasons. The same could easily happen there.

I only know that I'd often find myself just being angry at Michael rather than laughing or even finding him uncomfortably embarrassing/awkward.

I never really found Carell all that funny. I was generally pretty lukewarm about the Office from the start, and it just went downhill as it lasted longer and longer. Don't get me wrong, it has some funny moments, but when I look back at my favorite parts of the show, very few of them ever involved Steve Carell.

Also, Party Down was cancelled awhile ago after two seasons. Strongly recommend watching it if you like shows that are genuinely funny, both seasons are on Netflix Instant. RIP :(

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
I never really found Carell all that funny. I was generally pretty lukewarm about the Office from the start, and it just went downhill as it lasted longer and longer. Don't get me wrong, it has some funny moments, but when I look back at my favorite parts of the show, very few of them ever involved Steve Carell.

Also, Party Down was cancelled awhile ago after two seasons. Strongly recommend watching it if you like shows that are genuinely funny, both seasons are on Netflix Instant. RIP :(

Perhaps later, as I have a lengthy queue already. And no doubt that the majority of the comedy came from other characters. The smaller roles would often make me laugh the most, but Michael eventually started taking that away as well. He was a necessary and helpful piece for the first few seasons.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
Steve Carrell at his worst on "The Office" (think Party Mike), was probably 8,000x funnier than anything they had done this season up until I swore off it.

I really liked it when it started, but it played out quickly. I haven't watched the Office in years.