2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
lol

I'm pretty sure everyone feels this same way.

There are tons of people who find the character to be hilarious. This is the same overwhelming majority that could care less about plots and character development, and just want to see s*** get blown up, etc. Nobody cares that the semi-realism of The Office (which was the basis of the show) was left by the wayside, but they f***ing love him driving his car into a lake or having a hot dog eating contest to decide who runs the place.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim and Pam getting together ruined it. They tried to be the exception, but there is nothing interesting about a perfect relationship from an outside perspective. Well, there is, see Friday Night Lights, but they didn't have the chops to really dive into it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
There are tons of people who find the character to be hilarious. This is the same overwhelming majority that could care less about plots and character development, and just want to see s*** get blown up, etc. Nobody cares that the semi-realism of The Office (which was the basis of the show) was left by the wayside, but they f***ing love him driving his car into a lake or having a hot dog eating contest to decide who runs the place.

I guess I just don't know any of those people.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 08:33 PM)
I don't think the show has dipped much in popularity (perhaps this season), so people were still tuning in in hordes.

According to wikipedia, there has been a slight dip in the past 3 seasons. Not proportion to show quality, certainly.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
100% agree. He is completely unbearable in that show.

While I'm on my soap box, Ken Marino in Party Down is a MUCH better character than Steve Carell in the Office. Both serve a similar purpose for the show, and it's not even close which one is funnier or a better character.

Did you watch Party Down on my recommendation or before that? Great show, outstanding cast, if you can tolerate Adam Scott's weird face on Parks and Rec then you can do the same for 20 episodes of Party Down, Martin Starr's full blown nerd consternation is not to be missed.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)
Did you watch Party Down on my recommendation or before that? Great show, outstanding cast, if you can tolerate Adam Scott's weird face on Parks and Rec then you can do the same for 20 episodes of Party Down, Martin Starr's full blown nerd consternation is not to be missed.

One of my old roommates had heard about it from a friend a few years ago so we started watching it. It's a superb show... one of the few that could sustain a pretty significant cast change from season one to two and still maintain its quality/improve. It's perfectly casted... just an outstanding series. It's up there with Arrested Development as my favorite comedy.

I was sold from the very first scene of the show, which is the first twenty or so minutes of this trailer:

While I'm linking to awesome Party Down scenes, why not:

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Dec 2, 2011 -> 04:50 PM)

You two always brought it up to me in the chats. It's pretty good. Minus adam scott and that punch worthy face of his.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 04:13 AM)
Wow. s***'s coming down on Boss.

I bailed on that show once the drug addict stopped halfway into setting herself up for her drug fix so she could be f***ed by her creepy dealer. No addict gets that far only to say nah, I'd rather get laid right now.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
I bailed on that show once the drug addict stopped halfway into setting herself up for her drug fix so she could be f***ed by her creepy dealer. No addict gets that far only to say nah, I'd rather get laid right now.

She was conflicted about the drugs because she's a priest. She f***ed him so that she could save the clinic. They needed drugs and he had them.

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 3, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
She was conflicted about the drugs because she's a priest. She f***ed him so that she could save the clinic. They needed drugs and he had them.

Yeah I didn't buy that so I stopped watching the show.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:23 AM)

One thing I think may happen in the season finale of Boardwalk Empire is that Van Alden will raid the meeting of the young crew (with or without the help/knowledge of Doyle) to take their money to fund his life on the run. I believe he still has his badge.

In other news, seeing Jimmy bang his own mom was kind of weird...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
The number of people I've personally talked to that didn't see the Dexter "twist" or the Boardwalk Empire incest coming is staggeringly large.

How could you not see that coming? Their weird relationship has been alluded to in nearly every episode. The season finale should be interesting, it seems like there are a whole lot of loose ends to tie up in an hour's time.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 5, 2011 -> 12:38 PM)
How could you not see that coming? Their weird relationship has been alluded to in nearly every episode. The season finale should be interesting, it seems like there are a whole lot of loose ends to tie up in an hour's time.

I don't know. The general ignorance of people is unbelievable. The best thing about the current state of the show is that Manny should see season 3, as Jimmy hasn't even found out about him being responsible. I'm sure it'll eventually get back to him (especially with Doyle telling the others), but one episode doesn't seem to be enough for that.