2011 TV Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 02:42 PM)
Lots of people love it. I tried it out, but never got in to it. It's just not my type of show.

I watched the first 3 episodes on Netflix streaming and got bored. Friend said I need to get through season 1 before making judgement call. I'm having trouble trying again.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
I watched the first 3 episodes on Netflix streaming and got bored. Friend said I need to get through season 1 before making judgement call. I'm having trouble trying again.

Season 1 rocked. To each his own, I guess.

Just started watching Boardwalk Empire tonight. I'm a fan. I'm a little confused on which characters are good and bad and who some people are, but I am sure I will catch on a little. Pretty cool how Al Capone is in the show and when they showed him driving down Lincoln Highway or "Route 30" are most of us know it, I was pretty pumped. Also, I am pretty sure they made the reference to the 1919 World Series when someone mentioned how one of them got $2M from betting on the World Series.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 11:49 AM)
I don't watch it but it always bothered me seeing clips/commercials of these guys and they look too unrealistic in my eyes. I'd envision a biker gang looking much dirtier and extremely tan and leathery skinned. These guys look a little too clean.

EDIT: Just look at that picture a few posts up. Do they get their jackets dry cleaned each week?

It happens I guess. Same reason there are cavemen with perfectly straight and white teeth and people that live on deserted islands that weigh 300 lbs and never lose any weight.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
This is going to hurt, but I am going to say it.

I hope Rachel wins BB13

She is the most deserving of the rest.

Challenge: Sh*t they should of shown and Rescue Me finale tonight.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 7, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
He's like the 10th actor from Deadwood to appear on SOA.

Yeah, I know. For some reason, he's the one that bugs me the most. Probably because I've haven't seen him in anything else. Either that or I have issues with crazy priests.

Probably a little bit of both, actually.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 06:04 AM)
Thought the Rescue Me finale was well done and one of the only ePisodes in the past two seasons that made total sense.

Great finale. I actually thought last week's episode was the best in the past couple seasons. It was the perfect mix of humor and drama, which always made the show so good in my mind. But, the finale wrap-up was very well done.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 07:29 AM)
The stuff with Tommy at the playground cracked me up.

Yeah, that was pretty funny.

Maybe I am the only one that wasn't really satisfied with the ending, but I wanted something crazy to happen. Or for Tommy's life to completely change. I mean, isn't he in the same spot he was the whole time? He is still a firefighter in house 62. I just was expected for him to die, him to retire, him to move away, or just something different. I don't know, I thought it was a good episode, I was just hoping for something shocking to happen w/ Tommy.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
Yeah, that was pretty funny.

Maybe I am the only one that wasn't really satisfied with the ending, but I wanted something crazy to happen. Or for Tommy's life to completely change. I mean, isn't he in the same spot he was the whole time? He is still a firefighter in house 62. I just was expected for him to die, him to retire, him to move away, or just something different. I don't know, I thought it was a good episode, I was just hoping for something shocking to happen w/ Tommy.

I kind of thought about the ending of The Hurt Locker when it ended. He needs that adrenaline rush to survive and live and to be happy. He doesn't know how to live without it, so life goes on.

Were we left to believe in the past that Susan Sarandon just took Franco's daughter for him to never see her.? Would of liked to have seen a meeting or something this year.