i am drunk

Heads22

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
Brothers still have the long island special on Thursdays? Those were lethal.

Yup, I think they are $2 or $3, really cheap. Pitchers were raised to $4 :P

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
High school girls at CO's?? No way!! I was 17 when I started college and never had an issue getting in there. Got a drinking ticket there too. What a fun s***hole that place was an underclassmen.

Senior year once we all turned 21 and didn't have to pay cover, Brothers definitely became our spot on Thursdays and most nights.

Hahaha that and Kams, easiest places to get in. Brothers has grown on me more and more for nights besides Thursdays, but then again I literally just cross the street to go to it, I love living at Green St Towers.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SnB @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
Brothers still have the long island special on Thursdays? Those were lethal.

Holy f*** grow a pair, at least drink a jager bomb or a beer.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 11, 2011 -> 02:13 PM)
Yup, I think they are $2 or $3, really cheap. Pitchers were raised to $4 :P

Hahaha that and Kams, easiest places to get in. Brothers has grown on me more and more for nights besides Thursdays, but then again I literally just cross the street to go to it, I love living at Green St Towers.

Why. Did. You. Ever. Go. To. Kams.

Seriously.

Also campus has changed so much Russ, it's ridiculous how weird it can look after a few years.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 12:43 AM)
Why. Did. You. Ever. Go. To. Kams.

Seriously.

Also campus has changed so much Russ, it's ridiculous how weird it can look after a few years.

I've honestly been there twice, once for a date auction and another for a barcrawl, never going back, almost lost my shoes and then feet there from the floor.

Campus was weird enough after just missing one semester abroad, I cant even imagine more than that, it's always changing.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 01:43 AM)

Long Island's pack a hell of a wallop...Next time you come to Vegas, head to Toby Keith's place and get the Long Island out of the mason jar and see if you can get past 3 of them without falling down...then come talk to me about you Jager Bomb...Sheesh

Tell me about it. I graduated in '04. Green St. (other than btw 6th/Wright) was just older buildings, some small no-name restaurants/shops. Just a few years later, there is every franchise restaurant you can name, huge clothing stores, a 20+ story tower. It was crazy, I barely recognized it.

Long Islands are actually fantastic if you're trying to get wasted. Coming from a guy who took down 20 Jager bombs in 2 hrs, Long Islands are just as lethal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 12:33 PM)
Tell me about it. I graduated in '04. Green St. (other than btw 6th/Wright) was just older buildings, some small no-name restaurants/shops. Just a few years later, there is every franchise restaurant you can name, huge clothing stores, a 20+ story tower. It was crazy, I barely recognized it.

So what kind of culture shock would a Class of '89 like me have if I went back for a visit?

:D

Heck, I was devastated when I heard Deluxe closed and I couldn't go back and shoot pool and eat awesome fish sandwiches. Green St. Now I'm sure I wouldn't even recognize.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 09:23 PM)
So what kind of culture shock would a Class of '89 like me have if I went back for a visit?

Heck, I was devastated when I heard Deluxe closed and I couldn't go back and shoot pool and eat awesome fish sandwiches. Green St. Now I'm sure I wouldn't even recognize.

Jim, enlighten IlliniKrush as to the drunkfest Long Islands are...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 10:33 PM)
Jim, enlighten IlliniKrush as to the drunkfest Long Islands are...

Honestly, about the funniest request a bartender can get is, "Long Island Iced Tea. . . And make it strong.". if made to specs, there is hardly a stronger drink out there, an ounce each of rum, gin, vodka, tequila and triple sec goes into the drink, plus some lemon juice, simple syrup, and cola. if anything, Jager shots are a safe harbor from Long Islands.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 11:08 PM)
Honestly, about the funniest request a bartender can get is, "Long Island Iced Tea. . . And make it strong.". if made to specs, there is hardly a stronger drink out there, an ounce each of rum, gin, vodka, tequila and triple sec goes into the drink, plus some lemon juice, simple syrup, and cola. if anything, Jager shots are a safe harbor from Long Islands.

:notworthy

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)

Yup every trendy fast food place has moved in, like noodles and co and chipotle. Urban outfitters is down by 4th and green, and 309 E Green is a giant apartment building that is way too overpriced (starting at $800 a month per person).

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Nov 12, 2011 -> 08:23 PM)

My dad was class of 70 something and barely has anything left, he knows Murphys (thought it was half the size when he knew it) and Illini Inn (which was named something Midway then), and Kams.

Deluxe is now named Legends, and they serve the same Friday Fish sandwich from what I've heard, but I don't like fish so I havent tried it.

The bars change so much that after 3-4 years you probably wouldn't recognize half of Green St/campustown.

Did a case race in 40 mins, had 10 of the beers (supposed to be 6 each), and then had a bottle of wine that my neighbor brought over but I drank. I should be much more drunk, instead Im just tipsy. I have tolerance issues.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 03:56 AM)
Did a case race in 40 mins, had 10 of the beers (supposed to be 6 each), and then had a bottle of wine that my neighbor brought over but I drank. I should be much more drunk, instead Im just tipsy. I have tolerance issues.

You'll admit tomorrow when you wake up that you were pretty hammered....

I see your movie every weekend, Russ :)

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 13, 2011 -> 03:46 AM)
Heads, Russ, you guys are disappointments. Q, get out of this thread, you're like 14, you're not even old enough to read this s***...

Damn, you caught me.

But drunk Heads may seriously be the greatest thing ever...