2011 AL Central Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

Indians beat the Reds for 5 in a row this season.

SF's feeble offense taking it to Scherzer. Scored five runs in the first. Have a feeling that game's far from over.

It would be a travesty if the Giants' 6-0 lead over the Tigers was wiped out by rain. Hopefully they can get it restarted.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
Indians beat the Reds for 5 in a row this season.

SF's feeble offense taking it to Scherzer. Scored five runs in the first. Have a feeling that game's far from over.

It would be a travesty if the Giants' 6-0 lead over the Tigers was wiped out by rain. Hopefully they can get it restarted.

If Max falls apart, the Tigers are going to be fighting with the Twins.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
If Max falls apart, the Tigers are going to be fighting with the Twins.

Not the way JV is pitching. The won't win the central without max, but verlander won't let them plummet.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 10:51 PM)
Their offense could certainly win them some games as well. Seattles offense last season was embarrassing

That Tigers offense is very scary. Although I fully expect Avila and Boesch to regress. I don't see them both hitting .300 for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 2, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
That Tigers offense is very scary. Although I fully expect Avila and Boesch to regress. I don't see them both hitting .300 for the rest of the season.

I could care less about those two. Cabrera and VMart could carry that team by themselves

Ordonez is actually showing some signs of life too.

Pretty tough lineup when you've got Avila hitting 8th or 9th.

That said, Boesch really fell off in the 2nd half last year (well, not quite like Chris Shelton) and Austin Jackson's been way off his rookie form.

Wonder if Carlos Guillen has anything left in him?

Peralta's been a pretty solid "low-risk" acquisition for them...but they're not getting offense any more out of Inge. It's kind of been a revolving door across that infield. Raburn's not really a true 2B. Our infield can run circles around theirs defensively.

Then again, Cabrera's basically the best hitter in baseball, so that can make up for a lot of weaknesses. And not just because of tonight, but their bullpen seems a pitcher or two short. Ryan Perry at one point looked like a future closer and Zumaya's basically finished. Al Albuquerque's on the DL.

If the Royals farm system is so good, how does their rotation consist of Hovechar, Francis, Chen, Paulino, & Davies? I understand how Super 2 works, but that is just embarassing to a franchise. What good is the "best" system in baseball if you are still the 2nd worst team in MLB?

The rotation has nothing to do with Super Two. The arms we have just aren't ready. Duffy is learning on the fly, and we lost John Lamb to Tommy John Surgery. Mike Montgomery is having his up's and down's in Triple A. Jake Odorizzi was dominating high-A ball and was just promoted to Double-A.

Bruce Chen went 12-7 with a 4.17 ERA for us last year. He's been hurt this year, but he's still pitched well. Paulino has also pitched well for us. Davies is just plain terrible and Francis is a filler...

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)
The rotation has nothing to do with Super Two. The arms we have just aren't ready. Duffy is learning on the fly, and we lost John Lamb to Tommy John Surgery. Mike Montgomery is having his up's and down's in Triple A. Jake Odorizzi was dominating high-A ball and was just promoted to Double-A.

Bruce Chen went 12-7 with a 4.17 ERA for us last year. He's been hurt this year, but he's still pitched well. Paulino has also pitched well for us. Davies is just plain terrible and Francis is a filler...

Paulino has some real potential.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 01:44 AM)

And from 2004 - 2008 the Royals used those top 5 overall picks on Butler, Gordon, Moustakas, and Hosmer, with Hochevar thrown in there, who's pretty much been a bust.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 06:39 AM)
And what 1, 2 by verlander?

No one is saying anything negative about Verlander. He's been the best pitcher in baseball this year.

Problem is, he only pitches once every five days and they have to win a few games of those other four.

I'm certainly not saying they can't, only that Verlander cannot help them do it.

What do you guys think of the Royals and Minnesota series?

You worried about KC's offense?

The way our offense is going, all a team has to do is score 4 or 5 and we're cooked.

Francis is 3-9 vs. Mark in the opener.

Do you think our approach against Twins pitching will be any better than the past?

My opinion is KC will score runs so our offense is going to have to heat up some. It's alarming that we are not hitting a ton of home runs now that it's warm.

And my opinion is for whatever reason, Minnesota has built a team capable of beating us head to head 8 times out of 10.

We must win the opener of that series or it could be another disaster 3 of 4 or 4 of 4.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
What do you guys think of the Royals and Minnesota series?

Expect the worst, hope for the best. I just keep hoping the Sox finally realize they are a better team than Minnesota and actually win a damn series against them.

Royals are beating the piss out of the Tigers.

Escobar just blasted a triple to left, yes left. He can run.

Tigers sure don't look special to me, just as the Twins didn't look special to me today.

There's really no reason the Sox can't play with these teams except for the Sox's dysfunctionality.

Edited by greg775