2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
I feel like Reds are due for a huge letdown season, as could be one of those years where pitching is down for them due to high-pressured innings last year. If Greinke can get healthy, Brewers can win this division. I do think the Cubs lineup will be pretty solid for the first few months until Fukudome and Soriano fade away.

The Brewers NEED to win that division after the moves they made in the offseason, they better keep Greinke off the basketball court.

Agreed on the Reds being due for a letdown, you know the Dusty effect will be coming on full force for their young pitchers.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
I feel like Reds are due for a huge letdown season, as could be one of those years where pitching is down for them due to high-pressured innings last year. If Greinke can get healthy, Brewers can win this division. I do think the Cubs lineup will be pretty solid for the first few months until Fukudome and Soriano fade away.

Completely agree on the Reds. That division is the Brewers to lose imo.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
5-3 Yanks heading into the 8th. Since I can't bring myself to say go yanks and mean it, I'm just going to say Keep Losing, Detroit!

That game was over when the Yanks got a lead in the 7th. A 2 run lead for Soriano and Rivera? Ya, lights out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Kimbrel on the Braves is going to have a monster year. Ridiculous K numbers last season.

Is he still considered a rookie??? or did those 20 innings last year disqualify him, if hes a rookie hes hands down my NL ROY if the braves stick strictly with him and not split time with venters.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
Is he still considered a rookie??? or did those 20 innings last year disqualify him, if hes a rookie hes hands down my NL ROY if the braves stick strictly with him and not split time with venters.

I doubt he qualifies, even though BA ranked him in their top 100 prospects (and way too low, might I add)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
Reds just stole one from the Brewers. John Axford and his horrific looking mustache f***ed up three of my fantasy teams.

f***ed my team as well. Fantastic.

Before anyone says "No one cares about your fantasy team," ya I know, don't care that you don't care.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 31, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
Reds just stole one from the Brewers. John Axford and his horrific looking mustache f***ed up three of my fantasy teams.

Go pick up Takashi Saito. I wonder if Trevor Hoffman is rethinking retirement, I'm sure the Brewers will be looking for help if this keeps up