2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 10, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
Why do Red Sox fans suck so bad?

Because they still believe they are entitled and are deserving of some kind of respect from the rest of the country and that they have it the worst, as if they're still suffering. They are in the shadow of the Yankees and whatever else.

Nobody feels sorry for them, and quite frankly, nobody gives a flying f*** about the Red Sox. If Fenway imploded tomorrow, I'd celebrate.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 12:08 AM)
Seriously, they are 100 times worse than Yankees fans. They've got cubs fans beat too. I hope they lose about 100 games this year.

Well they have a zero percent chance to make the playoffs, so I wouldn't worry about that..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 06:23 PM)
As soon as D1 agrees to sign for $30.5 million, I'll guarantee you KW and JR will jump at it.

That obviously would've have happened already. Cahill, like others, went with the security. That's good. As I don't think Cahill is that good, anyway. Danks ain't signing for that. Nor should he.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
That obviously would've have happened already. Cahill, like others, went with the security. That's good. As I don't think Cahill is that good, anyway. Danks ain't signing for that. Nor should he.

Exactly the point. D1 went for the big payday rather than the security.

Nothing the Sox can do can force him to sign one of these team-friendly guaranteed money deals. He's going to get his $100 million payday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Exactly the point. D1 went for the big payday rather than the security.

Nothing the Sox can do can force him to sign one of these team-friendly guaranteed money deals. He's going to get his $100 million payday.

True. Either way the '3-year' rule was never an option. Now it's REALLY not an option that JD has established himself as one of the best non-ace pitchers in baseball. I'm just saying something is going to have to give. Same with Jackson if he has a good year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 07:38 PM)
True. Either way the '3-year' rule was never an option. Now it's REALLY not an option that JD has established himself as one of the best non-ace pitchers in baseball. I'm just saying something is going to have to give. Same with Jackson if he has a good year.

I said this in the other thread...let's be honest, if Edwin Jackson keeps doing what he's doing since he came to Chicago, he's going to be pushing close to the $100 million figure too. His agent is Scott Boras. He'll get paid what he earns this year.

There's a team or two in NY who could kinda use a pitcher.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 9, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
1st ballot HOFer Dan Hudson off to a rocky start in Arizona tonight.

I know you were joking. But if you actually dissect him it's easy to see that his upside is that of a #2 starter. NL, AL. whatever. That's never going to be proven unless he gets traded back to an AL team. His velocity is up a tick from last year and his changeup looks very much improved. Hudson looks to be legit. With that said, and for the sake of the entire board, let's hope the same holds true for Jackson.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
I said this in the other thread...let's be honest, if Edwin Jackson keeps doing what he's doing since he came to Chicago, he's going to be pushing close to the $100 million figure too. His agent is Scott Boras. He'll get paid what he earns this year.

There's a team or two in NY who could kinda use a pitcher.

I agree completely. And this is why I b**** like I do. It's like even if he goes prime Pedro we're f***ed.

Matsuzaka getting beat around again...seems like he might be a guy that could be acquired with a big chunk of his salary paid...wonder if the Coopster could do anything with him...he's making $10 million this year and $12 million next....I'll bet Boston would be willing to pay $15-16 million of that for a a warm body just to have him gone...