2011 MLB Catch-All Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
Ah, sounds like Riggleman was pissed, gave Rizzo an ultimatum to pick up his option by the end of today's game, and walked.

Rizzo is a tool.

I've actually met his son. He goes to UIUC too.

I only met him once, so I didn't get a chance to talk about the whole Adam Dunn thing last year.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
Jim Riggleman just resigned as Nats manager.

Makes no sense, but hey, good timing!

What the? Team is hotter than Miranda Cosgrove. Just got their star 3B back. A future as bright as any team in the game. And he resigns? Something must be seriously wrong in his personal life.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
2nd time in a month the Sox are gonna play a team with a new manager that was fired/resigned right before the series.... I wonder if that's some kind of record haha

It worked well the first time around. I'll take 2 of 3 again.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:18 PM)
What the? Team is hotter than Miranda Cosgrove. Just got their star 3B back. A future as bright as any team in the game. And he resigns? Something must be seriously wrong in his personal life.

Your infatuation with her baffles me. Do you watch iCarly every week to get your fix?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
Hopefully this throws them off their game for the Sox series....

Also, I hope they don't hire Dave Martinez, I want him to manage the Sox next year. Hire Sandberg or Valentine!

If Dave Martinez manages like Joe Maddon, I'd love to have him as the Sox manager.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
Yup. I just watched the one where they try to catch her cheating BF in the act of, well, cheating. God that girl is going to be breathtaking when she's 21.

The only current Nick show I can watch is Victorious. Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice = :D

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
2nd time in a month the Sox are gonna play a team with a new manager that was fired/resigned right before the series.... I wonder if that's some kind of record haha

In this situation, the opponent will probably come out less motivated.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Michael Pineda good.

His June stats after today:

5 Games: 32.1 IP 9 ER 8 BB 28 K 2.52 ERA 1.03 Whip

During that span, his record is 1-2, as the Mariners have only scored 9 runs in his 5 games (the Mariners did win their last 2 games he started, though)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
The only current Nick show I can watch is Victorious. Ariana Grande and Victoria Justice = :D

I don't typically go for black girls. But the main character from True Jackson, VP and her Asian sidekick catch my fancy. I think both are 18. That's the criteria for me. Long as I can't go to jail, I'm game.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
His June stats after today:

5 Games: 32.1 IP 9 ER 8 BB 28 K 2.52 ERA 1.03 Whip

During that span, his record is 1-2, as the Mariners have only scored 9 runs in his 5 games (the Mariners did win their last 2 games he started, though)

ROY should come down between he and Hosmer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
I don't typically go for black girls. But the main character from True Jackson, VP and her Asian sidekick catch my fancy. I think both are 18. That's the criteria for me. Long as I can't go to jail, I'm game.

They are 18 now, but they were under 18 when they actually taped the show. Does that make a difference?

Half way through interleague play...AL leads 66-60. Not too bad for the NL. AL teams are 37-20 at home with the DH, and 29-40 on the road.

AL records:

7-2: Cle

6-3: Sox, NY, TB, LAA

5-4: Bos, Sea, Tex

4-5: Bal, Min, Oak

3-6: Tor, Det

2-7: KC

It's too bad for M's fans. They have a damn good rotation with Vargas, Felix, and Pineda, and they have up and coming guys like Gutierrez (although he is 31), Ackley, and Hultzen.

Any chance they throw money at Pujols? If they do, any chance he goes?

(I know the answer to both, although more players should give Seattle a chance. It's a beautiful city.)

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 23, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
Any chance they throw money at Pujols? If they do, any chance he goes?

(I know the answer to both, although more players should give Seattle a chance. It's a beautiful city.)

Justin Smoak says "That's my spot".