2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

Heyman was on the MLB Network talking about Carlos Beltran getting traded... Mentioned White Sox as a potential candidate, saying the Mets would be willing to pick up a lot of the contract if they got a good prospect in return.

If KW does a Viciedo for Beltran deal I'm DONE with this team. Completely done.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Heyman was on the MLB Network talking about Carlos Beltran getting traded... Mentioned White Sox as a potential candidate, saying the Mets would be willing to pick up a lot of the contract if they got a good prospect in return.

If KW does a Viciedo for Beltran deal I'm DONE with this team. Completely done.

Well that would be one way to get Pierre out of the line up :lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2011 -> 11:35 PM)
Sergio Mitre released by Brewers. I think he'd be a great fit in our bullpen as a long reliever and a sinker baller.

Pick him up! I'm serious. We need to start stockpiling prospects/and or pitchers and give 'em the Coop/Humber treatment.

There have to be more Humbers out there.

On another note ... we should take a bet on who will be the next person to start a new thread on Soxtalk. Man we just have the same threads for weeks now it seems.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 28, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
Random question: Anyone know what's up with the NotHawk Twitter profile? Whomever was tweeting from that account was frickin hilarious, but no tweets for like three weeks.

Really? I got tired of it quickly.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 01:14 AM)
This team ain't winning s*** this year. Sadly.

I don't feel good about this team right now either, but it's way, way too early to say that. You get Viciedo into LF for Pierre, find a cheap, stopgap solution at 2B and let Beckham hit in AAA for a couple of months, maybe Rios and Dunn finally start hitting, continue to rotate Lillibridge, split time between Morel and Vizquel, and this team could still win quite a few ballgames. I'd even say that would be a good offensive ballclub.

They're 4.5 out and they haven't played this poorly since 2007. I'm going to take my chances with Adam Dunn, Dayan Viciedo, and Brent Morel over Darin Erstad, Luis Terrero, and Andy Gonzalez everyday.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
You get Viciedo into LF for Pierre, find a cheap, stopgap solution at 2B and let Beckham hit in AAA for a couple of months, maybe Rios and Dunn finally start hitting, continue to rotate Lillibridge, split time between Morel and Vizquel

You make it seem as if all of this is guaranteed to happen.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:57 AM)
I don't feel good about this team right now either, but it's way, way too early to say that. You get Viciedo into LF for Pierre, find a cheap, stopgap solution at 2B and let Beckham hit in AAA for a couple of months, maybe Rios and Dunn finally start hitting, continue to rotate Lillibridge, split time between Morel and Vizquel, and this team could still win quite a few ballgames. I'd even say that would be a good offensive ballclub.

They're 4.5 out and they haven't played this poorly since 2007. I'm going to take my chances with Adam Dunn, Dayan Viciedo, and Brent Morel over Darin Erstad, Luis Terrero, and Andy Gonzalez everyday.

I thought they were 6 out.....seriously I did.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:18 AM)
I guess what I meant was it read like "All we need is this long list of unlikely things to occur for us to get back on top".

This season has already been a long list of unlikely things to occur to get us into third place.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
When do we consider Gordon Beckham a bust? If he continues to plays like this in 2012?

I already consider him a bust. He isn't very good. Maybe that will one day change, but as of now, I see nothing that I like offensively.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 09:17 AM)
I already consider him a bust. He isn't very good. Maybe that will one day change, but as of now, I see nothing that I like offensively.

What would you do, Jason? Send him down to AAA, move him back to SS?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:27 AM)

Sending him down would be best option. I don't think a change in scenery defensively would make a difference at the plate...but you never know. From what I've seen this year, I wouldn't be upset if he were traded.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Sending him down would be best option. I don't think a change in scenery defensively would make a difference at the plate...but you never know. From what I've seen this year, I wouldn't be upset if he were traded.

I know it's hindsight but involving him in a package for A-Gon would have been fantastic.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 08:27 AM)

Unfortunately I don't have an answer, but i think it would start by sending him down to AAA and let him trying to figure things out and having success. His swing is awful and clearly adjustments have to be made and part of those is just being confident and I don't think that will happen at the major league level.

I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
I know it's hindsight but involving him in a package for A-Gon would have been fantastic.

A lot of people were pissed when that was even brought up. They said no way to a Gonzalez for Beckman straight up trade.

But that was way back then when he was referred to as the "Bacon Slayer" around here.