southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's lineup:

Pierre, Ramirez, Konerko DH, Quentin, Rios, Lillibridge 1B, Beckham, Flowers, Morel

I don't think the Sox are in it, but hasn't De Aza done enough to get playing time? I mean, Pierre isn't going to be here in 2012...play de Aza and see what he can do, especially against a mediocre lefty.

Stupid Ozzie.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 08:23 AM)
Today's lineup:

Pierre, Ramirez, Konerko DH, Quentin, Rios, Lillibridge 1B, Beckham, Flowers, Morel

I don't think the Sox are in it, but hasn't De Aza done enough to get playing time? I mean, Pierre isn't going to be here in 2012...play de Aza and see what he can do, especially against a mediocre lefty.

Stupid Ozzie.

Pierre isn't the guy you sit. He's not hurting this team.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
Pierre isn't the guy you sit. He's not hurting this team.

Not really the point.

They have to find out what De Aza can do against lefty pitching. Unless they just don't think he's in the plans for 2012 at all, which could be the case.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
Not really the point.

They have to find out what De Aza can do against lefty pitching. Unless they just don't think he's in the plans for 2012 at all, which could be the case.

Sit Rios or sit Dunn and get De Aza AB's there.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 09:57 AM)
Not really the point.

He got a hit against a lefty reliever the other day and his Charlotte numbers were good against lefties.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:57 AM)
Not really the point.

Regardless of how you feel, they are still trying to win the division.. sitting Pierre makes no sense at all right now..

What is this team? Sweep Boston in Boston but lose 2 of 3 at home. Split with the Yankees in NY but get swept at home. Then go into Minnesota and sweep the Twins? Aside from seemingly playing better away, I don't know what to think. This weekend has gotten me a little more excited about White Sox baseball, but we've seen this before. Get close to or to .500 then lose 3 in a row. Getting over .500 will make me feel better.

I want to make a never give up post but they have brought me up only to knock me down so much this season I am kinda shell shocked. The little kid fun fan in me thinks they still have achance but the adult student of mlb doesn't agree. No matter how you slice it though wins are better than loses. Sweeping Baltimore would be a lot of fun. GO SOX!!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Dunn batting 7th tonight. Finally being moved down in the order. PK at DH so no De Aza again

Rios seems to be coming out of it, Pierre is the LF'er of choice and Quentin is hitting. De Aza play but I don't think this idea of having to se him agaist lefties, etc, makes any sense. We are still trying to win ball games not look at next years tlent. He can come in and play later in a game like he did yesterday and when we need to make some defensive moves. This is not an issue IMO.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
Rios seems to be coming out of it, Pierre is the LF'er of choice and Quentin is hitting. De Aza play but I don't think this idea of having to se him agaist lefties, etc, makes any sense. We are still trying to win ball games not look at next years tlent. He can come in and play later in a game like he did yesterday and when we need to make some defensive moves. This is not an issue IMO.

Adam Dunn is 3 for infinity against lefties and there was nothing wrong with De Aza's numbers against lefites in Charlotte (.750 OPS) so I don't know why people keep saying this

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)
Rios hit this series and if he can keep it up and Dunn can ever do anything positive over a period of time we can still make the push. Win in Baltimore and we can show the Tigers and Indians we ain't chumps

Wake me up when we get over.500.

Tonight's game will be interesting. If these are the same ol Sox, they are due for a major flop tonight after winning three in a row.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 09:28 AM)
I think that is pretty obvious as well.

the way he is running, I wouldn't be surprised to see some time off.

If the team wasn't on its last legs as well, I'd agree. I think they'll keep running him out there until his leg falls off if he's hitting.

3 offdays in the next 11 will help also.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
If the team wasn't on its last legs as well, I'd agree. I think they'll keep running him out there until his leg falls off if he's hitting.

3 offdays in the next 11 will help also.

That is the problem. Even for Konerko, he isn't running anywhere right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Adam Dunn and Brent Lillibridge are going to be our 1b's for the near future.

One has a SLG% of over .500, the other one is just over .300. I'll let you guess which player has the higher one. Probably the same player you would have guessed in March.