2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 09:26 PM)
Doesn't sound like Ozzie is planning on leaving Chicago soon.

He's 47 years old.

I'd take him 13 more years.

We need a new GM and this GM must make moves and give Ozzie the players to work with. Take no further input from Ozzie.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
He's 47 years old.

We need a new GM and this GM must make moves and give Ozzie the players to work with. Take no further input from Ozzie.

I say ditch tthem both. Let guillen and his genetic material grace south beach with their class and moxy. Turn the GM job over to Hahn and get a manager who has a plan.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
I say ditch tthem both. Let guillen and his genetic material grace south beach with their class and moxy. Turn the GM job over to Hahn and get a manager who has a plan.

+1

After this year - I've moved into this camp.

It's time for a LOT of changes.

If the team turns it around - keep KW and let Ozzie go... because if the team does do well - it sure won't be for any genius managerial tactics by OG.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:03 PM)
He's 47 years old.

A GM and manager ought to mostly agree on the type of players brought in.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:03 PM)
He's 47 years old.

You honestly can't believe this. There is no actual logic to support such an opinion.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:28 AM)
You honestly can't believe this. There is no actual logic to support such an opinion.

I've turned completely to the anti Kenny mode.

He's the damn GM.

He should have control over the roster.

He has put together one of the worst offenses imaginable to go with a very good pitching staff.

It's his job to have brought up Dayan a f***ing long time ago whether Ozzie wanted him or not.

If Jerry is hampering Kenny, then Kenny should resign. Otherwise it's on him to put together a roster that can actually score more than four runs once in a while.

Bye bye Kenny.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
I've turned completely to the anti Kenny mode.

He's the damn GM.

He should have control over the roster.

He has put together one of the worst offenses imaginable to go with a very good pitching staff.

It's his job to have brought up Dayan a f***ing long time ago whether Ozzie wanted him or not.

If Jerry is hampering Kenny, then Kenny should resign. Otherwise it's on him to put together a roster that can actually score more than four runs once in a while.

Bye bye Kenny.

You're aware that Kenny and Ozzie are both awful at their jobs and should be fired right? If anything, Ozzie is worse than Kenny. These are simple concepts.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
You're aware that Kenny and Ozzie are both awful at their jobs and should be fired right? If anything, Ozzie is worse than Kenny. These are simple concepts.

For real, there is pretty much no denying this.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 04:01 AM)

Maybe I'll change my mind at some point, but I still like Ozzie. Kenny's the culprit IMO.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Maybe I'll change my mind at some point, but I still like Ozzie. Kenny's the culprit IMO.

Ugh, I couldn't disagree more. Ozzie is easily a bottom 5 manager in the league. He has the baseball IQ of a rosin bag.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 05:45 AM)
This pretty much sums it up:

The White Sox are 8-7 since the All-Star break

White Sox starters have a 2.46 ERA with 12 quality starts during this time.

Ozzie and Walker should be long gone by now.

Once again, it proves we have a pennant winning pitching staff.

How grown baseball men could sit back and make no additions/changes when two overpaid guys like Dunn and Rios have to play is beyond me.

That's 2/9s of the lineup being an automatic out with 3B, 2B and SS also horrible this season.

And they make no changes.

Edited by greg775

The last game the White Sox won where they allowed 5 or more runs was May 31st against Boston (a 10-7 victory...they were up 10-1 going into the bottom of the 8th).

This team actually looks a lot like the 2005 team, but it's the exact opposite at the same time. The pitching has been phenomenal, the offense has been bad, and the defense has been good. But the team isn't getting the breaks they got that year (and have even gotten unlucky a few times), the payroll is way higher, the manager is acting like a jackass and people are fed up with it, yet no one really seems to care that much as attendance is middle of the pack (and will seemingly drop if they drop out of the race themselves), management hasn't really tried anything to shake the team up, and the players themselves really don't seem to care.

For the first time since 2007, I really don't care what happens with the White Sox. Unlike 2007, this Sox team is technically still in the race. I still don't care. I hope they win, but at this point, I'm not going to be upset if they don't.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)

How grown baseball men could sit back and make no additions/changes when two overpaid guys like Dunn and Rios have to play is beyond me.

That's 2/9s of the lineup being an automatic out with 3B, 2B and SS also horrible this season.

Alexei has been fine - an average hitter overall and pretty damn good for a shortstop...there's no need to complain about him. Pierre has been a much, much worse hitter than Ramirez this year, and he is really the least of my concerns (simply because there's no way he can be brought back next year).

Bwahahaha - this is hysterical...

Big thx to new teammates & Jays fans for making me feel so welcome. Looks like this #beastmode tattoo is finally going to come in handy.

- Mark Teahen

I believe him. How sad - poor Mark was tainted by JP.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)

Who cares if the pitching staff is "pennant winning" when the team is mis-managed? Dunn and Rios don't HAVE to play. KW said the players that give the team the best chance to win will play. Ozzie didn't listen. Rios is still being trotted out there. And why would you say SS has been horrible? Alexei has actually been pretty good. And not to defend Beckham's lackluster offense, but having him and Alexei in the middle infield gives the team the best chance to win.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
Kenny promoted De Aza and Ozzie keeps trotting Rios out there even though he's gone out of his way to play like he doesn't want to be here.

You see this, I see this, but some just don't. I don't get it. Ozzie once benched Rios because he was loafing. Now he's back out there every game even though KW brought up a replacement.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 06:30 AM)
Who cares if the pitching staff is "pennant winning" when the team is mis-managed? Dunn and Rios don't HAVE to play. KW said the players that give the team the best chance to win will play. Ozzie didn't listen. Rios is still being trotted out there. And why would you say SS has been horrible? Alexei has actually been pretty good. And not to defend Beckham's lackluster offense, but having him and Alexei in the middle infield gives the team the best chance to win.

It is like arguing with a brick wall with graffiti in broken sentences and bad grammar on it. I don't know why people continue to respond.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 10:03 AM)
It is like arguing with a brick wall with graffiti in broken sentences and bad grammar on it. I don't know why people continue to respond.

I guess we're hoping we can bring the wall down. "Mr. Greg! Tear down this wall!"

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)

I added Lexi because aside from last night's homer he's been pretty blah this season.

I like him overall but he could get a huge hit now and then.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
I added Lexi because aside from last night's homer he's been pretty blah this season.

I like him overall but he could get a huge hit now and then.

A 3.6 WAR 4 months into the season is not "blah", it's good for 30th in baseball and has made him worth $16.1M this season. He's also hitting .338/.410/.527/.937 this season in close and late situations and .333/.385/.563/.949 in high leverage situations, he's been huge when it has counted most. One of the last players we should be b****ing about is Alexei.