2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Couple of people on MLB Network thought Quentin should be starting

Really? Hm. I guess I need to keep up on other RF's better, I didn't think CQ was in that air, but I'd have to look around more. Humber, despite his high value to the Sox, I just don't see being a serious consideration, looking at the other starts available.

I still think when it comes down to it, PK and Santos are the ones most likely to go.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Wow.

Just.

Wow.

Yeah, it's silly, there's a reason deals like that never happen, it's playing with a hypothetical, but they're right. Humber right now is worth a ton to the Sox...which means they'd need to be blown away to trade him...or think that he's about to implode himself.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Really? Hm. I guess I need to keep up on other RF's better, I didn't think CQ was in that air, but I'd have to look around more. Humber, despite his high value to the Sox, I just don't see being a serious consideration, looking at the other starts available.

I still think when it comes down to it, PK and Santos are the ones most likely to go.

Well here are some of his ranks among American League outfielders

HR - 3rd

RBI - 1st

OBP - 4th

SLG - 4th

OPS - 3rd

2B - 1st

So to me that's a pretty compelling case to be an all-star.

And Alexei is the best SS in the AL so that's why he should be there. We really should have 4 guys IMO (PK, Santos). That being said, I highly doubt we get more than 2.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
Yeah, it's silly, there's a reason deals like that never happen, it's playing with a hypothetical, but they're right. Humber right now is worth a ton to the Sox...which means they'd need to be blown away to trade him...or think that he's about to implode himself.

You go ahead and roll the dice if the Yanks offer Montero for a 29 year old journeyman. It'd never happen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
You go ahead and roll the dice if the Yanks offer Montero for a 29 year old journeyman. It'd never happen.

We all know that.

But we also know that if you offered up a random guy who was a legit prospect but unlikely to be a star, you'd never move Humber for him right now.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
Well here are some of his ranks among American League outfielders

HR - 3rd

RBI - 1st

OBP - 4th

SLG - 4th

OPS - 3rd

2B - 1st

So to me that's a pretty compelling case to be an all-star.

And Alexei is the best SS in the AL so that's why he should be there. We really should have 4 guys IMO (PK, Santos). That being said, I highly doubt we get more than 2.

Honestly, because of the competition, Konerko is probably the least deserving candidate despite having a great season so far. Quentin, Santos and Alexei all should be there though I'm sure we'll manage to get 1 AS.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:50 PM)
Honestly, because of the competition, Konerko is probably the least deserving candidate despite having a great season so far. Quentin, Santos and Alexei all should be there though I'm sure we'll manage to get 1 AS.

Oh I understand the competition, but I just looked and to me Konerko has clearly been the 3rd best 1B this year behind Miggy and AGon. He has better numbers than Tex mostly across the board. So with the assumption they take three 1B, IMO he deserves to be one of them.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
Oh I understand the competition, but I just looked and to me Konerko has clearly been the 3rd best 1B this year behind Miggy and AGon. He has better numbers than Tex mostly across the board. So with the assumption they take three 1B, IMO he deserves to be one of them.

Unfortunately, Tex is currently ahead of the fan vote.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Unfortunately, Tex is currently ahead of the fan vote.

Everyone on the starting roster, currently, with the exception of Ortiz, Bautista, and Hamilton (who doesn't deserve it) are Yankees.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 06:26 PM)
Everyone on the starting roster, currently, with the exception of Ortiz, Bautista, and Hamilton (who doesn't deserve it) are Yankees.

More reason to hate the Yankmees and also the way all-stars are selected

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)

I didn't even have to look up updated totals in order to make that initial post.