southsider2k5

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 07:25 AM)
So you want to complain when they looked dead in the water, and now you STILL wanna complain about it when we are making ground and catching up to Cleveland??

You would figure that when they started turning it around people would be more inclined to actually start seeing a positive to the season, but it appears some people just want to b**** for the hell of it.. I can think of about 4 of you guys off the top of my head.. give it a rest already they've cut their deficit in HALF in what, a 4 week stretch?

First it was there's no way they are gonna contend for the division after their start.. oops.. and then it was Cleveland got off to way too good of a start.. oops again..

Whats the point of being a debbie downer when they are actually playing good baseball lately? I don't get it.

You say they are playing good baseball, I just disagree.

They have not cut the deficit in half in a four week stretch, they've picked up 4 games in the loss column.

I'm not a debbie downer. I am following the team as I always do and I am still down on the team. The team is still under .500, still not playing good baseball.

What do you want the four of us to do ... act all fat and happy about how great the Sox are?

I want the Sox to win. The Sox still deserve a grade of D for the season. Do you agree?

If it changes to a C, B, A, I'll be f***ing thrilled.

Watching the team make out after out with runners in scoring position with less than two outs would drive anybody crazy.

How you retain the optimism is great, but I can't do that right now.

You give the team a grade to this date, please. It's a D.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
Watching the team make out after out with runners in scoring position with less than two outs would drive anybody crazy.

With RISP, the Sox are 12th in baseball in BA, so there's about 18 other teams that would drive you crazy watching, including the Red Sox & Yankees.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
You say they are playing good baseball, I just disagree.

They have not cut the deficit in half in a four week stretch, they've picked up 4 games in the loss column.

I'm not a debbie downer. I am following the team as I always do and I am still down on the team. The team is still under .500, still not playing good baseball.

What do you want the four of us to do ... act all fat and happy about how great the Sox are?

I want the Sox to win. The Sox still deserve a grade of D for the season. Do you agree?

If it changes to a C, B, A, I'll be f***ing thrilled.

Why do you insist on giving season grades and harping on being back in the loss column 1/3 into the season?

Baseball is a marathon, not a race..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
Why do you insist on giving season grades and harping on being back in the loss column 1/3 into the season?

True.

I only harp on the loss column when people say we are six out.

Why do people bring that up as well if it's so early?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
True.

You just don't get it.

We ARE 6 out. That's what IS important. Loss column and win column mean nothing right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)
True.

When you mention the loss column, it makes the assumption that the Indians will win the 4 games less they have played than the Sox. That's why people say 6 games back.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 09:49 PM)
My friend is at the game sitting behind Homeplate, and she said she is sitting behind a Yankees scout. It appears he is scouting Phil Humber, and has a bunch of sheets with his name written all over it. Wonder if the Yankees will make any offers.

Interesting... now that brings up the question would the Sox make a move involving Humber if Jesus Montero is thrown into the deal?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 08:49 PM)
My friend is at the game sitting behind Homeplate, and she said she is sitting behind a Yankees scout. It appears he is scouting Phil Humber, and has a bunch of sheets with his name written all over it. Wonder if the Yankees will make any offers.

They just showed all of the scouts. Your friend might just have been on TV.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 04:43 PM)
You just don't get it.

We ARE 6 out. That's what IS important. Loss column and win column mean nothing right now.

The six out means about nothing right now too. Its the beginning of june.

You people are crazy.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
You think it is more likely that the Sox trade him to NY?

Yes I do. Unless the Yankees are really scouting us 2+ months in advance, which would seem a little weird to me considering we only play them what like 7-8 times a year..

Do you mean Humber? I don't know about that, but Danks could be an option for them.. I guess they both could. Either way, I think if you were to make odds, the Yankees want pitching and we have too many starters.. Theres a good chance that we could be out of it come near the deadline and one of our pitchers is headed to the Yankees..

I just think the situations match up pretty well, so if I was to guess if they were scouting us for an August series our scouting one of our pitchers ide lean more towards the trade option side of it..

QUOTE (MAX @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
The six out means about nothing right now too. Its the beginning of june.

You people are crazy.

You mean like how our slow start in April and part of May should have meant about nothing too? Everyone still flipped about that.. Its not so much that were 6 back now, but that we are actually starting to put some things together and win games.. So yeah, you're kinda right that it doesn't mean much right now but the fact that were getting back into it does mean a lot because after the start we had we need all the momentum we can get right now..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 8, 2011 -> 01:45 AM)
You mean like how our slow start in April and part of May should have meant about nothing too? Everyone still flipped about that.. Its not so much that were 6 back now, but that we are actually starting to put some things together and win games.. So yeah, you're kinda right that it doesn't mean much right now but the fact that were getting back into it does mean a lot because after the start we had we need all the momentum we can get right now..

Early in the season, what matters is how they are playing. In april and early may they were awful. That was not good. They have been playing very well since then. Some people don't believe that for some strange reason.

There is no point in worrying about the exact number of games back a team is, until much later in the season. That's all I am trying to say. I guess we agree.

Edited by MAX

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 03:24 PM)

Actually, a marathon is a race. And baseball is too.

Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.