Japan Tsunami

Heads22

Terrible. I heard they were showing live footage of the wave approaching a busy highway. I'm glad I didn't see it.

Here is a real facebook post from a girl I know:

"people say fish are dumb. I disagree. hundreds of fish fled the pacific ocean a few days ago, knew what was coming?"

...think Jillian from Family Guy.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, what were those people thinking when they drove perpendicular to the incoming tsunami?? It's crazy and sad that they caught that on camera.

Also, the amount of debris that is in that water is just ridiculous, the amount of damage that will create Im sure is astronomical.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 12:37 AM)
Holy s***.

I have friends there. I was supposed to be there this week, but I took a new job in January. Otherwise I would have been in Tokyo.

My friends were BBming me telling me how strong it was and everything. THe pictures are just jaw dropping.

My thoughts and prayers are with those in Japan right now.

One person on ABC news this morning said there were some internal reports within Japan indicating that 88,000 people were missing. But it seems like most news outlets currently are reporting a few thousand missing.

I imagine, just looking at the videos, that unfortunately those counts will rise.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Jeez, what were those people thinking when they drove perpendicular to the incoming tsunami?? It's crazy and sad that they caught that on camera.

Also, the amount of debris that is in that water is just ridiculous, the amount of damage that will create Im sure is astronomical.

I dont think those people could really see where the tsunami was coming from. I saw a video where it was closing on places from two sides.

Seeing the helicopter video was so sad, those people had no chance

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)
I dont think those people could really see where the tsunami was coming from. I saw a video where it was closing on places from two sides.

This. That water was moving at an incredibly high speed.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 11:34 AM)

That would have been me for sure. "I'm getting off th damn road, the traffic sucks, oh s***!". And nothing you can do at that point other than ride it out in your car as long as you can.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 12:49 PM)
That would have been me for sure. "I'm getting off th damn road, the traffic sucks, oh s***!". And nothing you can do at that point other than ride it out in your car as long as you can.

If they really couldnt see it coming and it was moving that fast, yea I could totally see myself getting blindsided like those in the video did.

But looking at that much debris in the water it looks like riding it out would not really be a survivable.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 11, 2011 -> 01:52 PM)
If they really couldnt see it coming and it was moving that fast, yea I could totally see myself getting blindsided like those in the video did.

But looking at that much debris in the water it looks like riding it out would not really be a survivable.

yeah you should definitely get out of the car ASAP before it rolls or you get pinned.