2011-2012 NCAA Basketball Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time in a while that I'm not actually angry with the team or Weber after a loss. Not quite sure how you guard a team like IU when the calls are like this. They have the shooters to beat a zone. What kind of defense are you supposed to play?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 10, 2012 -> 03:09 AM)
First time in a while that I'm not actually angry with the team or Weber after a loss. Not quite sure how you guard a team like IU when the calls are like this. They have the shooters to beat a zone. What kind of defense are you supposed to play?

Yeah, Illinois played almost perfect for those first 30 minutes and were still down. Not a lot they could do.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)

:crying

Keep feeding Meyers like you did the first half and it's a close game. The kid is a beast and your team wants to shoot jumpshots all day. Paul and Leonard go to the hoop everytime, it's a down to the wire game. Indiana took it to the rack everytime and were hammered nearly everytime.

Edited by He_Gawn

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
:crying

Keep feeding Meyers like you did the first half and it's a close game. The kid is a beast and your team wants to shoot jumpshots all day. Paul and Leonard go to the hoop everytime, it's a down to the wire game. Indiana took it to the rack everytime and were hammered nearly everytime.

How am I crying? It's a legitimate question. If UI played a similar style I might not be complaining, but they don't, so they weren't able to shoot 40 FTs. Not once did I say that it was unfair. I was just seriously wondering what kind of defense a team is supposed to play in this type of game against a team like IU.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
How am I crying? It's a legitimate question. If UI played a similar style I might not be complaining, but they don't, so they weren't able to shoot 40 FTs. Not once did I say that it was unfair. I was just seriously wondering what kind of defense a team is supposed to play in this type of game against a team like IU.

Fair enough, and I'm sorry. I'm just used to Illini fans and ref complaining.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Refs lost control of that game. Thought they gave IU benefit of the doubt on a lot of drives, but Leonard absolutely lost his cool at times tonight. For Illinois to win, they needed Paul to show up and he didn't.

Oladipo is a fantastic defender. He seemed a bit tired in the second half though, picked up some dumb fouls.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
Fair enough, and I'm sorry. I'm just used to Illini fans and ref complaining.

Ref complaining is a function of every single fanbase. You remember a couple weeks ago when Indiana lost to Wisconsin? Well every single Indiana fan I know (and I live in Indy) was b****ing about the officiating after that game. The Illini fans on this board get a bad reputation because there are more Illinois fans that post in this forum than other fans.

Anytime the free throw discrepancy is 42-15 there's going to be complaints from any fanbase in the country (to put that number in perspective, IU had the same number of free throw attempts as FG attempts). The refs lost control in the 2nd half.

Tough loss. Congrats to IU on a good win. Illini need two road wins and to hold serve at home or they will be in the NIT this year.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Ref complaining is a function of every single fanbase. You remember a couple weeks ago when Indiana lost to Wisconsin? Well every single Indiana fan I know (and I live in Indy) was b****ing about the officiating after that game. The Illini fans on this board get a bad reputation because there are more Illinois fans that post in this forum than other fans.

Anytime the free throw discrepancy is 42-15 there's going to be complaints from any fanbase in the country (to put that number in perspective, IU had the same number of free throw attempts as FG attempts). The refs lost control in the 2nd half.

Tough loss. Congrats to IU on a good win. Illini need two road wins and to hold serve at home or they will be in the NIT this year.

Honestly, I'd rather have seen what the last 15 minutes would have looked like had the refs actually let the teams play. Like 1/4 of the fouls called were legit.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Feb 9, 2012 -> 09:36 PM)

Sure, every fanbase complains about the refs, but UIUC fans kind of have a reputation on this board of taking it a little extreme.