The Optimism Thread

fathom

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
So I was trying to quote Milkmans original quote to you and I accidentally edited it, ha. So what you quoted isn't what he originally said, sorry about that. :)

Eh, it'd be cool either way. I'm sure under both circumstances, Val would've found a deep respect for wite.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:32 PM)
He was Doc Holliday, Iceman, AND Batman. The dude would have no problems wrecking my s*** if I crossed his path. Ain't no way I'm doing that.

Oh come on, having your first line being

"I'm Batman"

would have totally been worth it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:36 PM)
Eh, it'd be cool either way. I'm sure under both circumstances, Val would've found a deep respect for wite.

I figured you'd be a fan. I really didn't mean to do that but hey, it just shows that I'm still more powerful than you. :fight

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
Instead of me having to respond to each and every post I enjoy (although I do like padding my post count right now in hopes of getting to 15,000 soon), can we get a function on here like Facebook where I can just "like" a post?

pittshoganerkoff likes this

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:51 PM)
Pfft, despite being dead for over 8 years, the guy in my avatar is still probably healthier than yours.

Well that made me laugh(in a sad way), well played. On that note, it's probably time to change my avy, maybe I'm a jinx to Peavy.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
Hilarious. It's like you're considering these paid professionals to be children on a little league team.

I don't think so. I think they are human beings that react to stress like other human beings. If you think that a "professional" can not be negatively affected by booing from the home crowd, how would you like it if you were having surgery and people in the operating room were booing the surgeon. I don't see that as a positive. Since I want the Sox to win BADLY (getting depressed I'm ashamed to say), I hope for things that are positive. They can not be motivated more than they already are. They need to loosen up. Konerko is one the most uptight players and I think that rubs off on the rest of the team. How about Konerko in a Flash costume? Might give him an edge to keep him from getting picked off.

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
I don't think so. I think they are human beings that react to stress like other human beings. If you think that a "professional" can not be negatively affected by booing from the home crowd, how would you like it if you were having surgery and people in the operating room were booing the surgeon. I don't see that as a positive. Since I want the Sox to win BADLY (getting depressed I'm ashamed to say), I hope for things that are positive. They can not be motivated more than they already are. They need to loosen up. Konerko is one the most uptight players and I think that rubs off on the rest of the team. How about Konerko in a Flash costume? Might give him an edge to keep him from getting picked off.

Wow, I'm trying to think of the analogy I mocked earlier this week for being terrible, but it doesn't come to mind. It doesn't matter anyway, as this one is twice as bad.

I wonder how Jackie Robinson would reply to this.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
You are correct, Mr. Rhombus.

;)

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 07:41 PM)
That hurt my feelings. BOOO!

Haha, no offense meant by it. It's just that a surgeon performing a procedure and guys making millions of dollars to play a game are two entirely different things.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 08:38 PM)
And the Sox have given us some optimism for tonight, so there's a relief.

I was worried they were going to lose another 100 games in a row

Edited by Jenksy Cat

Konerko is one the most uptight players and I think that rubs off on the rest of the team.

I've heard this the past 4 years. Not arguing...but I remember the convos about having Konerko, Dye and Thome all in the same clubhouse and not instilling a very "lively" atmosphere.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 10:56 PM)
I've heard this the past 4 years. Not arguing...but I remember the convos about having Konerko, Dye and Thome all in the same clubhouse and not instilling a very "lively" atmosphere.

But it seems that element of the team won out over the likes of Swisher and Cabrera, in the end.