Sox at Texas series finale May 25 Game Thread

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
Ozzie is an idiot! He has Dunn with his .192 BA and team leading K's pitch hit when we need someone who can make contact? Unreal, totally unreal ...

Ozzie tired of the small ball so he was hoping for a Dunn blast!

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:22 PM)
Once that decision was made it was all over. Dunn was the batter and of course another lefty came in. We had a righty against a lefty, why bring in Dunn in that situation?

Should have put Dallas in to bat, and then if they bring in a lefty, you go with Omar. It's all too simple.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:23 PM)
I'm no longer angered or surprised by Ozzie's terrible managing. It's simply expected.

But for some reason it's still defended by many for some inexplicable reason.

The only thing Dunn can do against lefties is draw a walk. That's it. He has no chance to make any kind of meaningful contact against them. It's like Mark Kotsay is in Dunn's body.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
Ozzie is an idiot! He has Dunn with his .192 BA and team leading K's pitch hit when we need someone who can make contact? Unreal, totally unreal ...

Been a while since I posted but this last play just irks me to no end! WTF was Ozzie thinking bringing in the guy with the highest % chance of not making contact when all we need is someone to make contact...even a grounder to second could have scored AJ!!!

I love Ozzie but that was just a bad call that may have been to please the stupid donkey.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:21 PM)
It's just mind boggling how stupid Ozzie is with his personnel. Maybe Washington shared some of his coke with him last night?

It's the only way I could see Ozzie being fired. And even then, it'd only be about a 50/50 shot. Sigh.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ May 25, 2011 -> 02:26 PM)
Does anyone believe that Ozzie really had confidence in Dunn to drive in the run there? How could he?

Ozzie either (1) didn't think Washington would bring in Oliver to face Dunn or (2) figured Dunn, at 0 for 31, was due.

Either way, he's pretty stupid.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
Ozzie either (1) didn't think Washington would bring in Oliver to face Dunn or (2) figured Dunn, at 0 for 31, was due.

Either way, he's pretty stupid.

Plain and simple, you don't play for one run and then bring in someone who struggles so much at making contact in that situation. Complete contradiction

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Once that decision was made it was all over. Dunn was the batter and of course another lefty came in. We had a righty against a lefty, why bring in Dunn in that situation?

Huh? Lowe is RH