Sox vs BoSox Memorial Day Game Thread 5-30-11

Soxfest

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Memorial Day, May 30. Memorial Day is the first legit "Evaluation day" we hit during a MLB season.

This team is 7 games below .500, 9.5 games back in the division. If they don't win this series, it's just about selling time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
It's Memorial Day, May 30. Memorial Day is the first legit "Evaluation day" we hit during a MLB season.

This team is 7 games below .500, 9.5 games back in the division. If they don't win this series, it's just about selling time.

I would still give it till the end of June.. there is really no rush, and we still have a lot of games with the Cubs, Nationals, Diamondbacks.. plus, if you make this kind of investment going "all in" you might as well try to give them as much time as you can before pulling the plug..

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)

Not sure how many games the White Sox play from now until end of June, but they need an 17-10 type of month to turn this season around. If they play another .500 month, they could find themselves 11 or 12 games out heading in July and Kenny Williams would have to start looking at the team for what it is.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 30, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)
I would still give it till the end of June.. there is really no rush, and we still have a lot of games with the Cubs, Nationals, Diamondbacks.. plus, if you make this kind of investment going "all in" you might as well try to give them as much time as you can before pulling the plug..

The problem is those teams you listed are saying the same things about this team.

"Let's not sell just yet, we still have games with the XXXX,ZZZZ,White Sox, YYYYY...."

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 30, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
The problem is those teams you listed are saying the same things about this team.

"Let's not sell just yet, we still have games with the XXXX,ZZZZ,White Sox, YYYYY...."

Like the whole AL Central. Everyone's "all in" it because they play the White Sox.

Oh, the irony.

QUOTE (T R U @ May 30, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)

60 games is enough to evaluate a team IMO

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2011 -> 06:57 PM)

Sorry Balta, but I think 2/3rds of soxtalk folks already evaluated this team. But, I still see around all-star break as the time to start scratching our heads

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 30, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
Sorry Balta, but I think 2/3rds of soxtalk folks already evaluated this team. But, I still see around all-star break as the time to start scratching our heads

If boston sweeps us, this rapidly becomes a total loss.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 30, 2011 -> 04:06 PM)

2/3rds had their evaluations done on April 30.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 30, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
1. Pierre, LF 2. Ramirez, SS 3. Quentin, DH 4. Konerko, 1B 5. Pierzynski, C 6. Rios, CF 7. Lillibridge, RF 8. Beckham, 2B 9. Morel, 3B

Note Gordon is back in there. Tough kid

sweep these overpaid p*****s.