2011-2012 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
More on Kaner, he's having minor wrist surgery but is expected to be ready for training camp.

That didn't take long to change

David Schuster

Patrick Kane will be out 6-8 weeks after breaking his wrist...supposedly during off season training.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 03:08 PM)
That didn't take long to change

David Schuster

Patrick Kane will be out 6-8 weeks after breaking his wrist...supposedly during off season training.

Start or middle of September. It's not ideal, but the first pre-season game isn't until 9/20.

Everyone is going to speculate about the DS article in May about his black eye. I do not think these 2 are not coorelated. Honestly, he's been working out all summer, and it's impossible to work out for 2-3 months with a wrist fracture.

It seems so weird with Kane. I've never seen a player in Chicago with so many rumors surrounding him. I was reading another board today and someone said he has bulked up with special help from steroids.

He'll be ready to go in October.

It's pretty clear the chain of events for Kaner since the season ended. Believe what you want though. All I care about is that he'll be ready for training camp (fortunately), and supposedly this injury won't linger. Beyond that, I'm just hoping he plays well and stays out of trouble this season. I like the fact he has gained some weight, should be helpful.

Per Rotoworld

Chicago Blackhawks and Chris Campoli will part ways.

On Friday, Chicago went in a different direction by signing defenseman Sami Lepisto to a one-year contract. Chicago will probably attempt to trade Campoli's negotiating rights. If they are unable to do that, they have the option to walk away from whatever contract an arbitrator awards Campoli, which would make him an unrestricted free agent. Stay tuned. Campoli's arbitration hearing is scheduled for August 3rd.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
Per Rotoworld

Chicago Blackhawks and Chris Campoli will part ways.

On Friday, Chicago went in a different direction by signing defenseman Sami Lepisto to a one-year contract. Chicago will probably attempt to trade Campoli's negotiating rights. If they are unable to do that, they have the option to walk away from whatever contract an arbitrator awards Campoli, which would make him an unrestricted free agent. Stay tuned. Campoli's arbitration hearing is scheduled for August 3rd.

No surprise there. I wonder how far apart they were and what the numbers were/

I gotta give it to Stan, his offseason has been phenomenal. Like many others, outside of the Carcillo signing, I love just about every move. That Frolik/Bolland/Bickell line is ridiculously fun to watch on both ends of the ice. Lepisto is a nice depth signing as well. I liked him in PHX. Just a solid dman.

Our roster looks pretty much set, with Bowman going into the season with about 3.1 million left in cap space.

Kane Toews Brunette

Smith Sharp Hossa

Frolik Bolland Bickell

Mayers Kruger Olesz

Keith Seabrook

Montador Hjalmarsson

Leddy O'Donnell

Crawford

Salak

Extra skaters: Lepisto, Carcillo, Stalberg

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 02:39 PM)
If he was rehabbing from alcohol though, that would likely have totally interfered with stepped up workouts and really inhibited his body from responding to them. Again, he could be almost super-human in what his body can take, I can't rule that out, but the alcohol and rehab would have really impacted workouts. You're taking in a lot of calories, getting no protein, and dramatically affecting your body's overall balance when you drink, and if you're to the point you need rehab for the drinking, your body is struggling mightily to keep up with just the alcohol.

Worst case scenario...you could hypothesize a person going to therapy for something like binge-drinking, but not a full detox.

Thanks, that was exactly what I was wondering - if one could happen with the other happening.

And I CANNOT BELIEVE Bernstein would fashion a bulls*** rumor from whole cloth!!!!

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)
I gotta give it to Stan, his offseason has been phenomenal. Like many others, outside of the Carcillo signing, I love just about every move. That Frolik/Bolland/Bickell line is ridiculously fun to watch on both ends of the ice. Lepisto is a nice depth signing as well. I liked him in PHX. Just a solid dman.

Our roster looks pretty much set, with Bowman going into the season with about 3.1 million left in cap space.

Kane Toews Brunette

Smith Sharp Hossa

Frolik Bolland Bickell

Mayers Kruger Olsez

Keith Seabrook

Montador Hjalmarsson

Leddy O'Donnell

Crawford

Salak

Keys to the season as I see them:

Seabrook (and to a lesser extent Keith) rebounding from last year's struggles

How Kane's wrist responds to surgery

Two younger goalies, no veteran backup

Keeping that idiot Carcillo far from the ice

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 04:41 PM)
Keys to the season as I see them:

Seabrook (and to a lesser extent Keith) rebounding from last year's struggles

How Kane's wrist responds to surgery

Two younger goalies, no veteran backup

Keeping that idiot Carcillo far from the ice

I see it as the opposite actually, where Keith needs to step up way more than Seabrook. Keith was awful at times last year. Hopefully he's rested up and in good condition once the season starts. The nice part is that the added depth on the blue line, hopefully, will prevent him from playing an insane amount of minutes per game.

That's the biggest key by far for me. Our offense, while sometimes inconsistent, wasn't the problem last year. If the D plays like it should, it takes a lot of the pressure off Crawford to be Crawesome every night, and everything from then on is gravy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 04:28 PM)

Kane Toews Brunette

Smith Sharp Hossa

Frolik Bolland Bickell

Mayers Kruger Olsez

Keith Seabrook

Montador Hjalmarsson

Leddy O'Donnell

Crawford

Salak

Honestly, even the 4th line is entertaining in that scenario.

I think the biggest key is Marian Hossa finally not playing the final NHL Game of the season for the first time in 4 years. Hopefully he's able to rest up, stay healthy, and approach his 90 point potential and be the dominant two-way player he can be.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 04:48 PM)
I think the biggest key is Marian Hossa finally not playing the final NHL Game of the season for the first time in 4 years. Hopefully he's able to rest up, stay healthy, and approach his 90 point potential and be the dominant two-way player he can be.

I don't really see that as a key as much as icing on the cake. Hossa with a 90 pt season would put the Hawks in President's Cup contention. I would be happy with 65-70 from him. Really stoked about this upcoming season!! Stan was definitely the man, although I'm pretty much in agreement with the rest of you that we could have did without Carcillo.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 04:45 PM)
I see it as the opposite actually, where Keith needs to step up way more than Seabrook. Keith was awful at times last year. Hopefully he's rested up and in good condition once the season starts. The nice part is that the added depth on the blue line, hopefully, will prevent him from playing an insane amount of minutes per game.

That's the biggest key by far for me. Our offense, while sometimes inconsistent, wasn't the problem last year. If the D plays like it should, it takes a lot of the pressure off Crawford to be Crawesome every night, and everything from then on is gravy.

I thought Keith was bad about as often as good - maddeningly inconsistent.

I thought Seabrook was awful almost every night. His passes looked like he didn't know what team he was on.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)
I think the writing is on the wall for Campoli.

He is gone

"We tried to work it out with Chris--we worked our hardest," Bowman said. "We want back and forth and made him our best offer and it didn’t work for them. We indicated that we’re going to have to go another direction and they understand that."

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 16, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
I like how Frolik said that Florida isnt a hockey town and thats why he likes it here.

I don't think anyone would ever think Florida is a hockey town, or basketball town or baseball town or football town or even a town.

Edited by Dick Allen