Some truth to unpatriotic liberals?

The Sir

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:49 AM)
It's just what I've what I've witnessed, Sqwert. There are exceptions to both of them. LostFan served in the military, so I'd count him as a patriot regardless of his political views. And there are good public workers. Just not many.

You're not going to change that opinion by whining and trying to get me banned.

Lostfan could be the laziest f*** to walk the earth (not saying he is), but according to your logic you haven't worked with him so how would you know? Im sure he says he's a good worker (really not trying to bash Lost here, his name just got brought up).

I know plenty of people in the military who are surrounded by assholes and idiots (hey maybe you know some of them!!?!). Hell, if you want to say a general rule of thumb, there is one that many people believe that if you go into the military it's a last resort to save yourself and/or your career.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:49 AM)
It's just what I've what I've witnessed, Sqwert. There are exceptions to both of them. LostFan served in the military, so I'd count him as a patriot regardless of his political views. And there are good public workers. Just not many.

You're not going to change that opinion by whining and trying to get me banned.

I'll have you know that lostfan is a converted communist.

And Sqwert is annoying, especially when you meet him and he tries to convert you to his born-again christian religion. ;)

In all seriousness, though...there is nothing wrong with having an opinion, but you have to remember that there are exceptions to every rule. I've met a lot of public workers that are lazy...just as I've met a lot of private workers that are equally lazy.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
Public sector work is a lifestyle now? Ha.

Like I said, I chose to have that internship over partying, sleeping in, hanging out with friends. So yes, that was a lifestyle choice I made.

FYI, I have an internship in the private sector now (2nd one at this company) and trust me, while there are many great minds here, there are plenty of people who do whatever they can jsut to keep their job.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:52 AM)
many people believe that if you go into the military it's a last resort to save yourself and/or your career.

Once again, there are exceptions to the rule. There are a few people I've met who went military because they didn't know where else to go. And the military provides discipline so that aimless recruits like this can be molded into decent Soldiers and perhaps even above-average or excellent NCOs someday. The military will shape pretty much anyone to be exactly what it wants them to be. That sort of discipline would work wonders on these civilians, unfortunately we can't really force them to attend boot camp. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
I'll have you know that lostfan is a converted communist.

And Sqwert is annoying, especially when you meet him and he tries to convert you to his born-again christian religion. ;)

In all seriousness, though...there is nothing wrong with having an opinion, but you have to remember that there are exceptions to every rule. I've met a lot of public workers that are lazy...just as I've met a lot of private workers that are equally lazy.

I've admitted that there are exceptions to each of these rules. However, I still ardently believe that the private sector is far more efficient. If these guys like BigSqwert and Russ can't accept that as my opinion, then whatever.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 07:55 AM)
FYI, I have an internship in the private sector now (2nd one at this company) and trust me, while there are many great minds here, there are plenty of people who do whatever they can jsut to keep their job.

Those people should be fired. Hell, the government would be a lot more efficient if they had the ability to fire crappy employees. But a lot of these GS bums have tenure and can't be fired for anything. That's generally one advantage the private sector has over the public sector: the ability to clean out the waste.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:44 AM)
How the hell does this guy get away with the hyperbolic bile in this forum? I thought there were some rules established here.

All Dems are unpatriotic unAmericans. All public workers are lazy bums. These are facts now. SMH

Dude you know you're my boy but you do this all the time.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
Dude you know you're my boy but you do this all the time.

False equivalencies. Show me a thread I started in the buster where I go balls out, s***ting on all things conservative, and painting with a broad brush.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:04 AM)
Once again, there are exceptions to the rule. There are a few people I've met who went military because they didn't know where else to go. And the military provides discipline so that aimless recruits like this can be molded into decent Soldiers and perhaps even above-average or excellent NCOs someday. The military will shape pretty much anyone to be exactly what it wants them to be. That sort of discipline would work wonders on these civilians, unfortunately we can't really force them to attend boot camp. :lolhitting

I'm glad as an American that I'm not forced to go to boot camp.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:08 AM)
Those people should be fired. Hell, the government would be a lot more efficient if they had the ability to fire crappy employees. But a lot of these GS bums have tenure and can't be fired for anything. That's generally one advantage the private sector has over the public sector: the ability to clean out the waste.

If you work in the private sector you will realize that people become very good at making a perception that they are important to the company even when they do nothing, and leadership can't always see through it or it isn't a priority for them. Hell, sometimes it's their good friends and they won't listen to it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:12 AM)
When I was in the military I found a lot of the civilian employees to be arrogant, not necessarily lazy.

I'm not giving up on the laziness part, but I will agree that arrogance is a big part of their collective personna.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 08:29 AM)
If you work in the private sector you will realize that people become very good at making a perception that they are important to the company even when they do nothing, and leadership can't always see through it or it isn't a priority for them. Hell, sometimes it's their good friends and they won't listen to it.

That sucks. But at least in the private sector, that wastoid is syphoning off private funds (ie the profits of the "good friends" who refuse to pink slip them) and not off of taxpayer dollars. This is whole different can of worms though.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 6, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
I've admitted that there are exceptions to each of these rules. However, I still ardently believe that the private sector is far more efficient. If these guys like BigSqwert and Russ can't accept that as my opinion, then whatever.

You mean $250+ thousand/job isn't efficient? MORE STIMULUS :lolhitting

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 09:14 PM)
Along with most people, I've always held that the GOP is the party of patriotism.

And I've always held that this is an empty bulls*** fallacy that is pretty insulting to a lot of people, myself included

Wow, the first reply was the best one.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 06:05 AM)
Is it patriotic to believe the government is incapable of solving and running complex programs like health care

That would be more like being a student of history. They can't even handle health care for veterans.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
I've had it way better than my DAV dad.

I've wasted enough time in the past 3 months trying to get a single document filed that I could have written a whole extra paper.

Can't even escape it by running off to Chicago and Orlando. Immediately back and spent another hour this morning on it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
I've wasted enough time in the past 3 months trying to get a single document filed that I could have written a whole extra paper.

Can't even escape it by running off to Chicago and Orlando. Immediately back and spent another hour this morning on it.

lol, that is a given with the VA. Then you get the obligatory 6 month to year wait for anything that isn't life threatening.