Casey Anthony Verdict

Kyyle23

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surpirsed. My wife watched this all weekend. I tried to avoid it as much as possible, but it seemed from what I gathered that although there was lots of damning evidence against her as a person, there was little that she actually committed the murder of that the poor little girl.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
Why would you lie to authorities if you had nothing to hide?

Horrible day.

Everything she did was f***ed up. Killed her kid, lied, partied, got off almost free and clear, wow.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:34 PM)
I've always wondered what a defense lawyer's state of mind is after they win which they always want to do, but then realize they got a murderer off.

"I'm gonna go roll around in a pile of money and kill another puppy."

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
Not surpirsed. My wife watched this all weekend. I tried to avoid it as much as possible, but it seemed from what I gathered that although there was lots of damning evidence against her as a person, there was little that she actually committed the murder of that the poor little girl.

Their defense was a story that is completely incoherent and depends on the word of people (Casey and her parents) who are known to be liars.

Sorry, but I think any doubt about her guilt is unreasonable. You don't do google searches for "how to make chloroform" and "neckbreaking", then have your daughter go missing for a month (which you don't report because you're busy partying), and have the trunk of your car have traces of chloroform and the stench of death....all as a coincidence.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:41 PM)
Their defense was a story that is completely incoherent and depends on the word of people (Casey and her parents) who are known to be liars.

Sorry, but I think any doubt about her guilt is unreasonable. You don't do google searches for "how to make chloroform" and "neckbreaking", then have your daughter go missing for a month (which you don't report because you're busy partying), and have the trunk of your car have traces of chloroform and the stench of death....all as a coincidence.

Not saying I would have voted that way, just saying I'm not surprised by the verdict. Call it the "Bruckheimer Effect," but in the age of CSI, I think juries are loathe to convict solely on circumstantial evidence. Evidence of internet searches and of being a party-girl, lying slut are just not equivalent to DNA, etc. As a practical matter, science has given a whole new meaning to "beyond a reasonable doubt."

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

they need to find a new way to select jurors.. how you get not guilty off of ALL of that, come on man

I may be wrong, but I don't think there was any chloroform found in the car. I know none was found in the autopsy.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
I may be wrong, but I don't think there was any chloroform found in the car. I know none was found in the autopsy.

The prosecution "trunk guy" testified that there were traces of chloroform and elements of decomposition present in the trunk. The defense "trunk guy" said the decomposition could have been something else, but I don't think they rebutted the chloroform.

Also, I got the impression that the body was pretty wasted away, like a skeleton. Would they have expected to find chloroform during the autopsy?

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:59 PM)
The prosecution "trunk guy" testified that there were traces of chloroform and elements of decomposition present in the trunk. The defense "trunk guy" said the decomposition could have been something else, but I don't think they rebutted the chloroform.

Also, I got the impression that the body was pretty wasted away, like a skeleton. Would they have expected to find chloroform during the autopsy?

I was checking around and saw this was right: the prosecution experts said the level of C was "shockingly high," but the defense said no more than would be found in common cleaning products.

I believe the state of the body did make it hard for the autopsy to conclusively determine the exact cause of death, which was something that obviously worked to the defense's favor.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
Can someone tell me why I should care about this case? How many kids get killed on a daily basis here in Chicago?

How many by their own mother? Usually those cases are pretty widely reported on because its outrageous.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 07:15 PM)
What makes the verdict even worse is that she is probably going to get rich off of killing that little girl because our society is full of a bunch of f***ing idiots who will watch her interviews, buy her book, etc.

Book. Reality show. Sex tape.

2/3 will exist within a year.

I guess I look at it the other way, just cause other similar cases haven't been reported doesn't mean you shouldn't care about this one. It's a disgusting crime and I can't understand how someone wouldn't care.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
How many by their own mother? Usually those cases are pretty widely reported on because its outrageous.

The problem is most of the people who could tell you the details of this case probably couldn't tell you who represents them at the local/state/federal levels. That's my big problem with this. Yes it was a horrible, horrible thing. At the end of the day, it doesn't affect 99.99999% of us. Whereas when it comes to things we actually should be following, people don't care. People should be following their state representatives closer than some random woman who probably killed her daughter.