From "ALL IN" to ALL DUNN!!!!!!!

soxfan72

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
This team is sooo frusterating. We have pleanty of pitching. But our offense has underachieved for over 3 months. When will someone be held accountable for Adam Dunn's and Alex Rios' horrible seasons? Obviously Greg Walker will never be fired, its obvious that Guillen is losing his passion for managing this team. Whatever happened to putting the best players out there on a given night? When Ozzie first started, he would never tolerate this crap. Now its almost as if he "has" to let Dunn and Rios play because of their contracts. Guys like Lillibridge and Viciedo would give us a much better chance to win over Rios and Dunn and yet- he isn't pulling the trigger on that move.

The AL central has also dominated us for the past year and a half. When you are trying to win a division, you NEED to play over .500 vs your division rivals. We are freakin 7-14 vs the central this year. Last year we were 32-40. That is garbage. We are not going to win this division or let alone come close to making the playoffs being dominated by our own weak division like we are.

What do i want to happen? Make some moves! Bench guys! Bring up Viciedo. Let Lillybridge spend more time our in CF. Make some trades, starting thinking about the future. Obviously we are stuck with guys like Dunn and Rios. But we can definitley get some value back for guys like Edwin Jackson and Carlos Quentin.

I don't believe that Lillibridge is an everyday player. It is tempting because of Rios seemingly sluffing it and Dunn's failure at the plate, but Lilli - and I love this guy - is best suited for role playing. He is the super sub you need and put him in an everyday role and he quickly comes back to Earth

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:26 AM)
7-14 against the division and absolutely no offense tells me they are not still in it.

Agreed. Mathematically they're still in it, but come on, it's quite obvious that realistically they're out of it. All Dunn.

If we played 162 games against the twins at home, i wonder what our record would be. Realistically with a sample that large you'd think it would even out...but I wonder if it's possible our record would be worse than the 02 tigers.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)
If we played 162 games against the twins at home, i wonder what our record would be. Realistically with a sample that large you'd think it would even out...but I wonder if it's possible our record would be worse than the 02 tigers.

We might win 55 games.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:12 AM)

But think of the draft pick!

Look at his numbers, he has no consistency what so ever. He hits home runs in the first half in some years and not in other years. His average before all star break is better in the first half some years and better in the second half in some years. One year his average is the same in the first half as the second half. He is not a thinker, at all.

After reading the trib article about how he doesn't want to hear what anybody has to say, I can see why Walker can't do anything with him. Rios may be off to a bad first half, but at least he can actually make contact. Rios batting low .214 is bad, but he can still get the average up to .270's. On top of not wanting to change things up urging wise, he is really frustrated and his confidence is shot. They need to send him to the minors so that he can see the ball being hit in a live game, otherwise he'll be down to .100 by the end of the summer. Maybe even lower. At this point the consistent striking out is the only thing he can do.

Maybe intentionally walking Mauer for now on would be the best thing to combat the twins.

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
Look at his numbers, he has no consistency what so ever. He hits home runs in the first half in some years and not in other years. His average before all star break is better in the first half some years and better in the second half in some years. One year his average is the same in the first half as the second half. He is not a thinker, at all.

After reading the trib article about how he doesn't want to hear what anybody has to say, I can see why Walker can't do anything with him. Rios may be off to a bad first half, but at least he can actually make contact. Rios batting low .214 is bad, but he can still get the average up to .270's. On top of not wanting to change things up urging wise, he is really frustrated and his confidence is shot. They need to send him to the minors so that he can see the ball being hit in a live game, otherwise he'll be down to .100 by the end of the summer. Maybe even lower. At this point the consistent striking out is the only thing he can do.

Maybe intentionally walking Mauer for now on would be the best thing to combat the twins.

Maybe while the Twins are in town Dunn and Rios can study Mauer's at bats to see how it's done, as they obviosly don't have a clue. Oh that's right, I heard Dunn doesn't put in any extra work. How pathetic.

Even worse than losing 1 game to them? The defeatist attitude coming from the team general. He's basically conceding that a team behind them in the standings is better. And this after the 1st game of an important 4 game series.

There are many things you can criticize ozzie for but one thing he is not and that is a loser, or a guy who takes losing well. I'm pretty stunned by his remarks and attitude. I was really expecting to hear the opposite, even if the words ring empty I expect him to be ready to kill someone. I don't get it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
Even worse than losing 1 game to them? The defeatist attitude coming from the team general. He's basically conceding that a team behind them in the standings is better. And this after the 1st game of an important 4 game series.

There are many things you can criticize ozzie for but one thing he is not and that is a loser, or a guy who takes losing well. I'm pretty stunned by his remarks and attitude. I was really expecting to hear the opposite, even if the words ring empty I expect him to be ready to kill someone. I don't get it.

Just more evidence that this immature man needs to go.

QUOTE (soxfan72 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:39 AM)
Maybe while the Twins are in town Dunn and Rios can study Mauer's at bats to see how it's done, as they obviosly don't have a clue. Oh that's right, I heard Dunn doesn't put in any extra work. How pathetic.

What? Let's just make stuff up while we are at.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0,3830330.story

Phil Rogers is having a field day with already predicting "regressions" for Dunn and Rios based on their second half trends in recent years.

And, oh, by the way, surely Dave Dombrowski would have accepted Jordan Danks for Curtis Granderson!!!! Just give it a rest. We get it, Granderson's having a great season, he's a Chicago native and we'd be leading the majors in wins if we had him instead of Alex Rios in CF.

What is most amusing is that supposedly Greg Walker identified a flaw in an opponent's swing path....and yet he can't do that for our own players. You would think they would have consulted with him about Dunn and Rios, just like they supposedly always do with Don Cooper about pitchers they're looking to acquire.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
What? Let's just make stuff up while we are at.

From all accounts Dunn has been working his tail off trying to figure it out, which has maybe just made things worse

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)

I've never seen one team get in the heads of the opposing players as much as the Twins have the Sox.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 8, 2011 -> 07:15 AM)
Ah...remember the good old days of late April and May when everyone was convinced Cleveland had a 0% chance of doing anything this year and that Adam Dunn would start mashing the ball very soon? Good times.

LMAO.

But so true.