White Sox vs. Twins, 3:10 CT, Fox

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 5 run first was a blip on the radar yesterday. It's hard to expect more than 3 runs a game from this offense with so many players (Beckham, Dunn, Rios, Morel, Vizquel, Teahan, Pierre, Quentin) making so many outs.

It comes down to Mark Buerhle winning the game for the White Sox. Can he hold the Twins to 2 or less runs today? He should be the one guy to keep them running all over the bases, but can he hold the Twins in check?

It would be nice if the Sox could come back and split the series.

Then again, it would be nice if Marissa Miller came to my house to profess her undying love for me.

I'm not holding out too much hope for either.

Today's lineup....

1. Juan Pierre (L) LF

2. Alexei Ramirez ® SS

3. Paul Konerko ® 1B

4. Adam Dunn (L) DH

5. Carlos Quentin ® RF

6. Alex Rios ® CF

7. Ramon Castro ® C

8. Gordon Beckham ® 2B

9. Brent Morel ® 3B

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 01:06 PM)
Might get embarrassed on Nat'l TV.

might? Sox keep this one close just because Mark doesn't have girl parts like Floyd, unfortunately it'll be a Quality Start Loss for Buehrle

QUOTE (spiderman @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
The 5 run first was a blip on the radar yesterday. It's hard to expect more than 3 runs a game from this offense with so many players (Beckham, Dunn, Rios, Morel, Vizquel, Teahan, Pierre, Quentin) making so many outs.

It comes down to Mark Buerhle winning the game for the White Sox. Can he hold the Twins to 2 or less runs today? He should be the one guy to keep them running all over the bases, but can he hold the Twins in check?

I've been saying we'll go 2-17 vs. Minnesota this year if we are lucky with the only possible wins coming with Mark on the mound. Not saying he'll be lights out, but our only chance is him having one of those Buehrle games where he pitches a shutout and we somehow score on a wild pitch and win 1-0.

Still think we'll lose. They might even shell Mark, never know.

Just two more losses til the merciful break. Too bad after that it's more of the Central.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
Is Dunn sitting vs the lefty?

Nope, but Lillibridge is. And looking at the lineup today, how can anyone say there's no room for Viciedo?

Edited by fathom

When's the last time we've just owned the Central Division teams like they own us?

Was it the WS year?

Can you imagine the dynamics in both clubhouses when we play Detroit and Minnie?

It's going to be difficult to turn this around. Last night is a perfect example. Even when we score early it doesn't matter.

There's no way to kill the mojo when a team like Minnie is playing with the house's money.

We'd have to beat them 5-6 times in a row just to get Minnesota or Detroit thinking it's an actual competent opponent. The dynamic of the situation is to merely pencil in another W for Minnie and L for Chicago.

I mean this is a lousy Minnesota team owning another team.

QUOTE (kageman129 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:16 AM)
I hardly ever post, but thought I could be good luck starting a game thread for the first time.

I'll be at this game hoping to help get these guys on track!

F*** the Twins! :gosoxretro:

Bring us luck! Because we ain't got talent

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
DUNN AT CLEANUP!!!! :headbang

Konerko should walk 4 times today.

With 1 or 2 outs and nobody on or first base open, I don't know why anyone would even bother pitching to Konerko until Dunn shows he can hit better than Minnie Minoso when he was 60.