White Sox vs. Twins, 3:10 CT, Fox

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We keep having the same crappy ABs and approaches at the plate. Nothing has changed all year. That is why Greg Walker should be held accountable and if guys like Chris Rongey don't see that, they are in the wrong business.

Reported that he would likely be fired over the All-Star Break.

I tried to find something at WEEI website but it's too early for any of their podcasts or "Full Count" broadcasts from today to be archived.

Maybe Cafardo from the Boston Globe will pick up on it as well, if Gammons doesn't have a weekend column there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
I'm done.

This ain't the game Mark beats them 1-0 thanks to Brent, so I gawn.

Have a pleasant day.

$20 you will be back before the 7th

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
We keep having the same crappy ABs and approaches at the plate.

It's hard to remember when they didn't unless the pitcher is throwin meatballs. Then they get tired from swinging the bat so hard and don't produce anymore.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
We keep having the same crappy ABs and approaches at the plate. Nothing has changed all year. That is why Greg Walker should be held accountable and if guys like Chris Rongey don't see that, they are in the wrong business.

Agreed completely. I'd rather watch a WNBA dunk content than watch Rios ground out to short again.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 02:56 PM)
We need better players more than better coaches, but I will take some red meat because I'm pissed

Be nice if the players we do have at least looked like they give a f***. BTW I'm pissed as well.

Edited by 11and1

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
That was the most "Twinsiest" way to score 2 runs, seriously. They had 4 baserunners and 2 runs on all groundballs.

The Twins are still the most maddening team to watch. Even more so this year, with Kubel, Thome, Mauer and Thome having injuries, they have to be the weakest hitting team in the majors. How many Twins in today's lineup can regularly hit the ball hard enough to reach the outfield wall, on the fly, bounce or even roll?

We should try pulling our outfielders in even further, or even pull an outfielder and go with an extra infielders when the super weak Twins batters come up. Might have helped to have an extra infielder playing a deep third behind Morel on Casilla's weak RBI single.

Nothing yet on Gammons' twitter.

Trout debuts@19. Trumbo walkoff. Eddie Bane drafted them and the prospects that brought Haren and he was dismissed.

C'mon Rick Hahn, sign us a better scout(ing) diretor.

Trout, Trumbo, Conger...etc.

Edited by caulfield12

June 8th, against Mariners.

2 homers in a 7-4 loss. Had one the previous game.

So over a month of typical Carlos deepfreeze.

Wow, we've had the lead for 3 innings so far is this series...progress from the Royals' games.

Edited by caulfield12

/went to the teacher store to pick up stuff for my bulletin boards today. Got all excited when I saw a White Sox pennant and banner set. (I've always wanted to devote a corner of my 6th grade room to my team--maybe send some subliminal messages and inspire a new generation of South Side fans.) 30 seconds after I put the $25 set in my cart and started to walk toward the cashier, I thought about the bull**** laughter and joking I witnessed last night in the Sox dugout after ANOTHER loss to our rivals. If they don't care anymore, neither will I. I put that mess back on the shelf.

"Giving up the KoolAid, 101".

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 9, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
We've got it in our familiar shutdown mode. 56 deserves better.

I love watching Buehrle pitch when he's on, which has been most of the season so far. That's what I am trying to focus on while watching this game.

If the Sox decide to wave the white flag and trade Buehrle to extract some value before his contract expires, I am going to sorely miss watching him pitch on the South side for the rest of the year. Hopefully it won't come to that, or he'll exercise his no trade.