Colby Rasmus Trade Rumor

OilCan

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
Disagree, this year the hype has escalated waaaay high.

I don't hear about him being in trade rumors. That could signal other ML scouts see him as a DH, which is of no value in the NL. He's also a Boras client, the Sox don't like those. So he will eventually play elsewhere (if he lives up to the hype), or the Sox will put a great deal of their finances in a DH. Ugh, how I hate the DH.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)
Well Edwin and Thornton for Rasmus is silly. Edwin is going to be worth quite a bit starting tomorrow morning, with this pitching market.

i hope you are right but i disagree. i dont think we will get more than rasmus for him, either in a trade or a comp pick

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:47 PM)
i hope you are right but i disagree. i dont think we will get more than rasmus for him, either in a trade or a comp pick

I don't think we will either. What I am saying is we shouldn't have to deal one of the only effective starters AND left handed relievers on the market for Rasmus. If we really wanted to trade these two, we should be able to get 3-4 fairly high quality prospects for them. I'd take that over Colby Rasmus right now.

If they traded Edwin straight-up for Rasmus tonight, I could live with that.

If the Sox trade Viciedo...I'm done. Out. For the love of God you finally have a power hitting young prospect and you want to trade him off?!? I'm all for dumping Rios...but not at the expense of ridding ourselves of young talent like Viciedo and Sale. I know that sounds like wanting your cake and eat it too...but unless you have a plan to move Rios...this EJax/Thornton for Rios trade makes no sense to me.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
I don't think we will either. What I am saying is we shouldn't have to deal one of the only effective starters AND left handed relievers on the market for Rasmus. If we really wanted to trade these two, we should be able to get 3-4 fairly high quality prospects for them. I'd take that over Colby Rasmus right now.

If they traded Edwin straight-up for Rasmus tonight, I could live with that.

Hypothetically from the Cardinals side, if they were to trade Rasmus to the Sox somehow...who would take over CF for them?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:51 PM)
Hypothetically from the Cardinals side, if they were to trade Rasmus to the Sox somehow...who would take over CF for them?

I think John Jay has taken over the everyday starting job in center

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 12:59 PM)
Thanks guys.

So if the Cards have already pulled him out of the starting spot, that ought to impact his trade value as well.

The issue from the Cards' perspective is the other two outfielders are Matt Holiday and Lance Berkman...it all works well if they remain healthy, but...

QUOTE (Special K @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
I think John Jay has taken over the everyday starting job in center

This is the benefit of a minor league system worth a damn. They develop Rasmus, who was considered among the league's top prospects, then several years later produce another player to supplant him.

And now, they have the luxury of dealing a player they don't need for several pieces to help them contend.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
This is the benefit of a minor league system worth a damn. They develop Rasmus, who was considered among the league's top prospects, then several years later produce another player to supplant him.

And now, they have the luxury of dealing a player they don't need for several pieces to help them contend.

Yet if the Sox do exactly that, they are some kind of idiots...

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)

Uh, Jon Jay isn't really that good.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2011 -> 03:02 PM)

GMAB man, the Cardinals have been thought have a bottom of the league system almost every year. They occasionally pull out a couple of pieces but then they're gone before they get to the big leagues, a-la the Mulder trade or the Holliday trade.