Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:10 PM)
Kenny's going to lose a lot of cred if he starts trying to dangle Adam Dunn. However, MLBTradeRumors is complete trash.

You have to realize there probably isn't one MLB not on the trading block. It doesn't reflect well on an organization to give up on a big money FA who hasn't finished a full season here.

Maybe Rios can be traded depending on how much the Sox wll take on his salary. Maybe 80%?

I've watched Dom Brown a lot lately, and I guess you could say I like what I've read better than what I've seen.

Very toolsy, but a longish swing that may never hit for a high average in the majors. I'm well aware he's not a finished product.

Since things have gotten really funny in here...I figured I'd pass on a little story you guys may like. I just had to post it somewhere:

I was at Sheetz (gas station/store) earlier today getting some lunch...And there was some guy there ordering a sub/s. They had big signs showing different types of 6 inch subs and 12 inch subs. I'm standing there and the guy asks the cook/server could he get a 12 inch sub and make each half different.

I nearly asked for his autograph.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)
Since things have gotten really funny in here...I figured I'd pass on a little story you guys may like. I just had to post it somewhere:

I was at Sheetz (gas station/store) earlier today getting some lunch...And there was some guy there ordering a sub/s. They had big signs showing different types of 6 inch subs and 12 inch subs. I'm standing there and the guy asks the cook/server could he get a 12 inch sub and make each half different.

Huh?

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:29 PM)

Sounds like someone who needs the taste slapped out of his mouth. Those are usually the morons holding up the line for everyone else.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:29 PM)

The 12" sub is probably cheaper than 2 6" subs.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
The Sox and Braves are talking about Quentin. The Braves are willing to trade any of their top pitching except Julio Teheran or Arodys Vizcaino..

This is according to David O'Brien...

I could see the Sox going after Minor and another prospect

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:31 PM)
Well, is the 12 inch sub cheaper than getting two 6 inch subs?

LOL. I actually thought of that after he said it and I laughed and I wanted to make sure, same price.

Dude, when the lady said you could get two 6 inch subs and he responded with "what do you mean", I knew we had the real thing with this guy.

The bottom line is -based on the conversation between him and the cook- price consideration was the last thing on his mind.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 08:36 PM)
Stay away from Minor. Braves fans dislike him. 90 mph fastball straight as an arrow.

Interesting...saw him pitch last year against Cubs and he looked dynamite. However, I think if you're trading Quentin, you have to get a lot more than him.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
Stay away from Minor. Braves fans dislike him. 90 mph fastball straight as an arrow.

Sounds like someone KW would trade for these days. OTOH, I think KW has to ask for Teheran, and not budge. If they won't trade him, go elsewhere. See if Philly will part with Dom Brown, or Boston will part with top pitching. If the market is there, you have to get top talent for Quentin.