Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

QUOTE (The '05 Sound @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
You just hope KW doesnt blow this opportunity, which with him is highly likely.

I have absolutely no hope Kenny will do anything to help to max the opportunity, not unless we can clone Kenny and put the clone in charge of another org, then we could trade one of our overpaid, aging, overrated slugs for 2 or 3 excellent prospects.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Quentin is not a player you build around, he will be 30 next year and I'm willing to bet the Sox have already got his best years. I have season tickets and I want to expedite the rebuilding process. If Quentin is still here Monday, I'll be very disappointed.

For once, I agree with you Joe. With him getting expensive and his injury history, I have no problem filling up the farm system for him,

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
I have absolutely no hope Kenny will do anything to help to max the opportunity, not unless we can clone Kenny and put the clone in charge of another org, then we could trade one of our overpaid, aging, overrated slugs for 2 or 3 excellent prospects.

The Cloned KW would've already dumped his top prospects for Brian Roberts

Boston is a team I hadn't heard was interested yet. I don't see a deal happening with Pittsburgh, however, they've been "re-building" for two decades. Maybe they have some good stuff going on in their farm system. Does anyone know about that? As far as the Braves and Phillies, I would imagine if a deal were to happen, it'd be with one of them.

I'm torn about trading Quentin. I suppose I'd be happy with a huge haul. But if KW trades him for less than he's worth (and right now he's worth a lot to certain teams), I won't be happy.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:48 PM)
Boston is a team I hadn't heard was interested yet. I don't see a deal happening with Pittsburgh, however, they've been "re-building" for two decades. Maybe they have some good stuff going on in their farm system. Does anyone know about that? As far as the Braves and Phillies, I would imagine if a deal were to happen, it'd be with one of them.

I'm torn about trading Quentin. I suppose I'd be happy with a huge haul. But if KW trades him for less than he's worth (and right now he's worth a lot to certain teams), I won't be happy.

I'd take Jameson Taillon for Quentin. :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
Now that his name has come up, I wonder how interested the Sox would be if they could get Seattle to pick up tons of that deal?

Why? He's as bad as Rios is. Worse if you take age into account.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:49 PM)
Now that his name has come up, I wonder how interested the Sox would be if they could get Seattle to pick up tons of that deal?

Rios swap.

But seriously, a kings ransom for Q? I'm down for that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)

I hope not interested at all, Figgins is f***ing terrible.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:29 AM)
From the sounds of it, the Phils know they have a 2-3 year window to win. Whether that means they'd do a Brown for Quentin deal, who knows. If I were the Sox, I'd do it.

http://www.csnphilly.com/07/27/11/Phillies...&feedID=704

So if they need a hitter why are they possibly willing to deal Brown?

Given what is being talked about as Q's market value, I'd be all over selling him and bringing up Viciedo. If Kenny can also find ways to shed Rios from the books, even better. I can live with Dunn potentially recovering and figuring stuff out, but hell, I'd be open to moving him too.

Not that we'd get anything of value for Rios or Dunn.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
Why? He's as bad as Rios is. Worse if you take age into account.

Because the Sox have been looking for a leadoff hitter since 2006. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they took a buy low shot on him, which included a majority of his contract being paid.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
So if they need a hitter why are they possibly willing to deal Brown?

Because he's still a kid and has only put up a .749 OPS this year. Quentin would be an immediate bat upgrade, and if you look at that lineup, it is missing RH power after Werth left.