Quentin sought after by BOS

harfman77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)
probably already been posted, it's not a brand new tweet... just been skimming the beatwriters/bloggers twitter accounts

http://twitter.com/#!/BNightengale/sta...386194459459584

"The trouble with trading Quentin is that it would signify they're giving up"

He thinks that if we trade CQ, it's a give up/rebuild trade..

Having DV taking CQ place is far from giving up to me we are under .500 with CQ all year. Get some good pitching prospects from ATL and I am all for it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
The teams record has nothing to with what Q has done this year.

Yeah it does we are not breaking up the 27 Yankees, team is going to have about the same record with or without CQ on it!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 01:56 PM)
The teams record has nothing to with what Q has done this year.

Yep. CQ & PK are the main reasons we are not 10-15 games below .500 right now. The reason we are 1 game under is because Rios and Dunn took major dumps this season when we counted on them to be major run producers.

Executives from three teams tell Stark they've seen no evidence the White Sox have serious interest in trading Carlos Quentin. The Sox did, however, dangle Adam Dunn. Dunn has over $48MM remaining on the four-year, $56MM deal he signed in December

From MLBTradeRumors...

Funny.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
You haven't been watching the same team that I have this year.

I watched a team with CQ in the lineup all year score 3 runs or less over half the time.

Edited by Soxfest

The Braves are "hot" for White Sox right fielder Carlos Quentin, tweets Rosenthal, and the Sox love Atlanta's young arms. However, one holdup is the thumb injury to Dayan Viciedo, who would replace Quentin in Chicago's lineup

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:09 PM)
From MLBTradeRumors...

Funny.

What kind of "evidence" are they looking for? I'm sure their interviews with the Cubs, KC, and Mariners FO really shined some light on what we are doing with contending teams.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Kenny's going to lose a lot of cred if he starts trying to dangle Adam Dunn. However, MLBTradeRumors is complete trash.

I agree. He'd look like a fool...sign a guy to a fat contract, he hits .160 and then try to trade him. I do imagine the return for Dunn would be not much more than a few practice balls and a pitch back machine.

If the hold up is Dayan being injured what the f*** is wrong with this front office. How do you hold up a trade for a guy that hasnt even had a single AB in the majors this season. Just put Rios in RF with De Aza at CF with Lilli as back up until Dayan is ready. You dont miss on a trade because a guy is injured. Unless the Sox are still thinking that they can move pieces and win the division, which is a difficult task for an elite front office, let alone the Sox.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 02:16 PM)
If the hold up is Dayan being injured what the f*** is wrong with this front office. How do you hold up a trade for a guy that hasnt even had a single AB in the majors this season. Just put Rios in RF with De Aza at CF with Lilli as back up until Dayan is ready. You dont miss on a trade because a guy is injured. Unless the Sox are still thinking that they can move pieces and win the division, which is a difficult task for an elite front office, let alone the Sox.

You never know. Maybe Rios and/or Lillibridge are parts of other deals that KW is also working on, so he can't rely on them to fill the vacancy.

Dunn could always cover RF for a few games while we DH Vizquel, though.

Edited by PorkChopExpress