7/31 - Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
Seriously, Bard was just nasty. Very few big leaguers would even get a foul ball in that at bat.

Really. Sometimes the pitcher is just better. Hell, even Ted Williams was 'bad' almost 60% of the time during his .400 season.

People need to keep things in perspective. If Beckham misses consistent meatballs and can't do anything with ordinary pitching that is one thing, but DONT DUMP on him when someone does to him what Bard did...

it indicates you never have played and/or understand the game of baseball.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, at that point the Sox didn't look like the kind of team that was going to spend enough to be able to keep AGon long term

Now we know that may have been the case, but it was tough to judge back then.

What would cause anyone to believe the AGon would even want to sign with the Sox ? Even if they outbid everyone.

Lots of players would rather sign with another organization and I don't blame them.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:59 PM)
To be fair, at that point the Sox didn't look like the kind of team that was going to spend enough to be able to keep AGon long term

Now we know that may have been the case, but it was tough to judge back then.

Eh... I guess you're right. I guess hindsight is 20/20... or 50/50... or however that stupid f***ing saying goes.

Dammit I just want my team to win.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:06 PM)
To PH a 44 year old man is a total joke of a roster!

Yea it's kinda interesting isnt it? Omar Vizquel as a defensive replacement, but pinch hitting with him?

I am rapidly losing faith in Ozzie...the Rios situation really was the cherry on top.

I think it may be time for a totally new direction.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
The AT&T Multiverse view addition has almost been as bad as the Adam Dunn acquisition this year. Awful.

It's especially awesome that the AT&T Uverse Multiview is showcased on Comcast Sports Net.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:09 PM)
I would be willing to bet that Ozzie has no idea Morel is better against RHP than LHP

LOL. Morel is really good at hitting the other way. Im sick of it, give the young guys a chance to prove themselves...he has looked good today. Why not stick with a guy who looked like he was doing well?

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
Really. Sometimes the pitcher is just better. Hell, even Ted Williams was 'bad' almost 60% of the time during his .400 season.

People need to keep things in perspective. If Beckham misses consistent meatballs and can't do anything with ordinary pitching that is one thing, but DONT DUMP on him when someone does to him what Bard did...

it indicates you never have played and/or understand the game of baseball.

Bard was nasty, but let's get real here. Beckham struggles to hit most fastballs.