7/31 - Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, at that point the Sox didn't look like the kind of team that was going to spend enough to be able to keep AGon long term

Now we know that may have been the case, but it was tough to judge back then.

[/quote

Reinsdorf and his other investors have money - they just close not to spend it

If not the case then explain rios, dunn and peavy

Stop being deluded by the media.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
Bard was nasty, but let's get real here. Beckham struggles to hit most fastballs.

...dude is 2 years out of the draft. The last players I want to dump are guys who work hard, play the game the right way, are talented with excellent upside.

He is young and still learning and is still hitting for a better average than 3 or 4 other guys in our lineup. We should worry about those guys before Beckham.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
Reinsdorf and his other investors have money - they just close not to spend it

If not the case then explain rios, dunn and peavy

Stop being deluded by the media.

You're missing my point. We later did spend money on this team,yes. At the time of AGon vs. Beckham, most posters here felt like we aren't enough of a big spender to keep AGon long term.

Purely saying that's why posters defended keeping Gordon. Not saying it was the right move.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
Do we have anyone left on the bench?

Damn...De Aza is still available. Darn...I wanted to see a pitcher hit with the tie run on base.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
...dude is 2 years out of the draft. The last players I want to dump are guys who work hard, play the game the right way, are talented with excellent upside.

He is young and still learning and is still hitting for a better average than 3 or 4 other guys in our lineup. We should worry about those guys before Beckham.

Thank you.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
Purely saying that's why posters defended keeping Gordon. Not saying it was the right move.

Are you saying that people here on this board didn't want to trade Beckham for Gonzalez only because they didn't think the White Sox would be able to sign Gonzalez long term? I disagree.

People here didn't want to trade Beckham because they thought he was a baseball god and a future HOFer.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:20 PM)
You're missing my point. We later did spend money on this team,yes. At the time of AGon vs. Beckham, most posters here felt like we aren't enough of a big spender to keep AGon long term.

I didn't miss your point, you're weren't making one.