7/31 - Red Sox vs White Sox

flavum

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)
Sometimes I really want Adam Dunn to retire.

Like right now.

And Rios too...god he's worthless. He needs to be stripped down to ground zero and start over. "look dude...what you're doing doesn't work..."

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
It's comical to me that our lineup right now is:

Lillibridge

Alexei

Pierre

Quentin

Dunn

Rios

Flowers

Beckham

Morel

That team would win 50 games over a full season

If everyone played to where they "Should" be with the bats, that's still a .500+ team.

LOL...ragging on Beckham because of what Bard just did to him? Give me a break...in that case Bard was just better and he'd have been better than most people. That was one of the nastiest breaking balls just before high 90s gas.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
Remember when Gordon was supposed to be a sure-shot 10 year stud? LMAO! The guy is CLEARLY not a major league hitter.

What the hell happened to his stance this year? Is that the work of Greg Walker?

Remember when he came up? Foul line to foul line hitter in 09. 14 homers in 105 games.

It can't just be a lack of adjustments. His approach is messed up.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
LOL...ragging on Beckham because of what Bard just did to him? Give me a break...in that case Bard was just better and he'd have been better than most people. That was one of the nastiest breaking balls just before high 90s gas.

Seriously, Bard was just nasty. Very few big leaguers would even get a foul ball in that at bat.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
What the hell happened to his stance this year? Is that the work of Greg Walker?

Remember when he came up? Foul line to foul line hitter in 09. 14 homers in 105 games.

It can't just be a lack of adjustments. His approach is messed up.

I agree when he came up he could turn anybody around, just a quick bat

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
Wow...good thing we didn't trade him for AGon. Can't hit in the majors if you can't hit fastballs Gordon.

You just unearthed a painful memory for me. Imagine Gonzalez in a White Sox uniform right now instead of Dunn. I bet Beckham plus another prospect or 2 would have gotten it done too. But nooooo... Nobody wanted to trade the "Bacon Slayer". My God.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 03:57 PM)
You just unearthed a painful memory for me. Imagine Gonzalez in a White Sox uniform right now instead of Dunn. I bet Beckham plus another prospect or 2 would have gotten it done too. But nooooo... Nobody wanted to trade the "Bacon Slayer". My God.

To be fair, at that point the Sox didn't look like the kind of team that was going to spend enough to be able to keep AGon long term

Now we know that may have been the case, but it was tough to judge back then.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 31, 2011 -> 02:57 PM)

I was one of those guys, sad to say.