Who Do You Dislike More?

shago

Who Do You Dislike More  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Adam Dunn or Alex Rios

• Adam Dunn
    • Alex Rios

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 05:31 AM)
This is a good point. Garland is a great example.

Generally, I don't question athlete's desire. For all we know, Rios is crying himself to sleep right now while Dunn's smoking a blunt wrapped in a $100 bill.

As I said earlier, they both suck. They're both going to handcuff this organization for years. It's a shame.

What did you think of Rosie's column in the Trib today on Rios? It was pretty apparent to all that his desire is wanting.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baines

Ray Ray Durham

Lance Johnson

James Baldwin

Minnie Minoso

Thomas (with MOST fans)

All those guys were super popular and fan favorites. I hated Brian Anderson and Mark Teahen with a passion. Does that make me anti-white or a member of the Michigan Malcolm X Militia or Green Tea Party?

Willie McGee is still (far and away) the most popular Cardinal of the last 30 years and I consider that region of the country to be more racist than Chicago.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 11:31 PM)
This is a good point. Garland is a great example.

Generally, I don't question athlete's desire. For all we know, Rios is crying himself to sleep right now while Dunn's smoking a blunt wrapped in a $100 bill.

As I said earlier, they both suck. They're both going to handcuff this organization for years. It's a shame.

Very true, unfortunately.

LOL at the insinuation of racism as to why Rios is not liked. Rios is an overpaid, lazy, piece of s***, that's why nobody likes him. Dunn catches plenty of heat from this fanbase (in case people are missing the boos at the game), but the reason Rios is getting it worse is because he wanders around in the OF with his head up his ass like a little leaguer chasing butterflies instead of a major league baseball player. If Dunn was throwing to the wrong base or not hustlin to balls in the field you can bet your ass that people would be on him far worse than he already is.

I personally feel that you should never boo a guy for being a bad baseball player, sometimes a guy is just having a bad day or maybe he just doesn't have the talent to play in the majors. The guys I will boo are guys that dog it in the field or on the bases (Rios) or guys that are just bad guys off the field (Brett Myers). For these reason, this is why guys like Rios and Jaime Navarro got booed, and why I am just disappointed in guys like Dunn and Mark Teahen.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 10:46 PM)
It kind of makes you wonder. We are the same fan base that boo'd Frank Thomas, called Albert Belle a bust, embraced Crede over Uribe and Rowand over Dye, called Jose Contreras a bum etc... I'm just saying...

The thing that I find funny is that Dunn doesn't even have a chance to play hard. He goes up, swings at bad pitches and sits on the bench. Pitchers run more than Adam Dunn. I'm not saying Rios isn't dogging it. I really don't know how much he cares. He doesn't say anything when he's going good or bad. It reminds me of that Jay Mohr skit about Boston fans. "That Antoine Walker... He does it all. He rebounds. He shoots threes." Then they get rid of Walker. "That Antoine Walker... All he did was shoot threes. He's a bum." When Rios is going good people say he's smooth and makes everything look effortless. Then he sucks and people say he's dogging it.

The bottom line is they both suck. They're both costing us games. They're both going to handcuff us for a while.

You mean the team whose most popular player in its history is Frank Thomas, right? Because no one has booed Adam Dunn, right? There was never a Judy Garland, or Joe Cruddy post, right? People didn't embrace Harold Baines, Luis Aparicio, Ozzie Guillen (as a player), Dick Allen, or Chico Carrascel, right?

Please.

Just sayin.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 11:21 PM)
Thomas wasn't boo'd? Really? He was probably the most under appreciated sports star I can think of.

Again, I'm not directing this specifically at the board.

The ratio of people who would give Frank a handjob, versus those who would boo him is astronomical. He is the clear cut most popular player in the history of this franchise.