Rios actually thinks he can improve his hitting stance

chisoxfan09

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 03:44 AM)
I don't care if he is communing with the dead...I just want him to hit...the guy has so much talent.

I don't think his numbers suggest he has special talent.

I mean the guy looks good in a baseball uniform, that's about it to me.

Sometimes he looks pretty in the outfield gliding after the ball. I think he's always been way overrated.

Let's just hope he improves enough we can dump him on somebody by paying 2/3 his salary or something.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic speaks volumes about the issue of accountability, which we've addressed in other threads. Where was the hitting coach, for the last 4 months?

We could all see how terrible Rios' mechanics were, and the results provided pretty good evidence that our perceptions were valid. The coaching staff had to see the same thing.

Why wouldn't they insist that Alex change his approach, or take a seat on the bench? And I don't mean for one game, but rather until he changed his approach.

That would have been holding a player accountable, and not doing so demonstrates a lack of accountability on the part of the coaching staff, as well.

Moreover, if Walker went to Ozzie and told him that Alex wouldn't follow his advice, and Ozzie continued to play him anyway, then he should have been held accountable.

How do all of these professional baseball people let something like this go this long before somebody says; "hey, we've got to do something here"?

The whole thing disgusts me, and really makes me lose confidence and interest in this organization. I'm ready for some changes. Fire somebody already!!!

Edited by Lillian

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:40 PM)
Rios' current stance is basically what it was when he was with Toronto.

Hawk said tonight that Walker tried to get him to move his hands back up early in the season and Rios resisted. Finally he moved them up and started hitting well. He then moved them back down again and struggled again. Now he's moved them back up again.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)
Hawk said tonight that Walker tried to get him to move his hands back up early in the season and Rios resisted. Finally he moved them up and started hitting well. He then moved them back down again and struggled again. Now he's moved them back up again.

lol I guess nobody outside of Konerko listens to Walker.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 07:45 PM)

Its funny when Walker public states that Rios needs to make this change he finally does. I bet that whole interview with the Trib was on purpose.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)

If he keeps hitting like this I wonder if the Yankees would take him off our hands/payroll.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
It makes me mad to think he just now started making adjustments.

He made them in June and started hitting better. Then he went back to sucking. I'm not going to buy into him being a good hitter again until he proves to me he can have more than a couple of good games in a row.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 9, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
He made them in June and started hitting better. Then he went back to sucking. I'm not going to buy into him being a good hitter again until he proves to me he can have more than a couple of good games in a row.

He showed no pop in june though. Darted getting more hits but on weak ground balls.