And that, my friends, is a White Sox season

Jordan4life_2007

Dear Marty34/Joe C.,

Why would we want to keep Buehrle if you're trading away 1/3rd of the team?

Doesn't make much sense.

And why would/should we trade Santos? Because of yesterday?

Why would you trade away a cheap closer who's still currently at an 85% save conversion rate when at the very beginning of the year our veteran closer disaster (with Thornton) was one of the key factors for our 4-18 stretch?

Who would you replace Santos with?

Chris Sale? Crain? Frasor? (I'm assuming you're ditching him too, yes?) A. Reed? Infante?

I don't get why it's so important to keep Konerko and Buehrle around when they won't be (arguably) contributing enough to be a good match for the "new core" that should be fully maturing around 2013-2014. Sentimentality? Because of JR? Attendance? Well, that will be brutal even if you keep both of them if we're projecting 72-78 win teams.

I get the arguments for trading Alexei Ramirez, although you can forget fielding a competitive team when the rest of our division has Peralta and Cabrera putting up 18-24 homers per year and Escobar struggling to put up a 575-600 OPS.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
I said upside. There's no way anybody can look at the two organizations right now and say we have more upside than them.

Sure you can, we don't have to worry about playing Tampa, New York, and Boston almost half of our schedule

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2011 -> 02:58 PM)
Excellent point.

Guys, this rebuilding stuff is a horrible myth.

You retool with smart baseball people in charge.

For instance you CQ haters are crazy.

The outfield MUST be Viciedo, DeAza and CQ out there. That means SOMEHOW you dump Rios.

Even if you have to pay the whole contract.

We will keep Dunn and PRAY he can hit 30 homers somehow, but to POSSIBLY contend, that should be our outfield. That is not a total rebuild. Pieces are there.

Then we got Morel, Lexi, Becks and Paulie in the infield. NOT BAD if the new hitting coach can help Morel, Lexi and Becks some. Yes Lexi needs some help, too.

Catcher: AJ and Flowers is OK, though AJ better agree to a reduced load. Flowers is ready. That could be a problem.

Trade one of Danks/Floyd (is Danks a free agent) and trade Beckham if you have to. You can always find a second baseman somewhere. Our strengths with CQ and Dayan will be outfield and infield and hopefully starting pitching.

Keep as many proven pitchers as you can. Try to get more reliable bullpen guys.

A total rebuild though is dumb. Do you want to dump the entire pitching staff for some reason?

You do what the Yankees do. Use free agency baby.

Try to catch lightning in a bottle. Total rebuilding is idiotic. It may take 15 years.

Why MUST the White Sox have Carlos Quentin in the outfield? Why can't the outfield be De Aza, Rios and Viciedo? I thought there were plenty of people who supported trading Quentin on this site?

Edited by MuckFinnesota

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:45 AM)
Why MUST the White Sox have Carlos Quentin in the outfield? Why can't the outfield be De Aza, Rios and Viciedo? I thought there were plenty of people who supported trading Quentin on this site?

Cause Rios stinks and we can't win squat with him IMO.

He's also a cancer on the team because of his laziness.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 01:55 AM)
There are...depending on the return.

Of course, considering he's heading for a $7.5-8.5 million this offseason (arbitration), his value's even lower than it was at midseason 2011, when KW passed on the opportunity to trade him.

Passed on the opportunity to trade him for whom?