"I hope we don't get swept by the Tigers"

Quin

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 03:26 PM)
With the number of guys who have left this org and ripped them over the past 10 years? I'd expect that the floodgates would open if Ozzie was traded.

I was thinking more along the lines of "I can't hit because of Oz" . . .

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:05 PM)
Now that one is too over the top to even be laugh worthy tex.

You don't think players will start blaming the distractions of Oz as soon as he's gone? You don't think there will be comments about the clubhouse being in turmoil, etc? Or the fighting between Oz and KW and Walker? They will blame Oz for their terrible season.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
You don't think players will start blaming the distractions of Oz as soon as he's gone? You don't think there will be comments about the clubhouse being in turmoil, etc? Or the fighting between Oz and KW and Walker? They will blame Oz for their terrible season.

Of course, but no one is likely to be dumb enough to say it in the way you attempted to satirize. Of course everyone is going to rip Ozzie, and Ozzie is going to go off on the team for months too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:19 PM)
Of course, but no one is likely to be dumb enough to say it in the way you attempted to satirize. Of course everyone is going to rip Ozzie, and Ozzie is going to go off on the team for months too.

So I believe they will blame their performance on Oz, you disagree? They will say Oz was a problem, but it didn't affect their play?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 08:02 PM)
Because it doesn't need to be? Florida is generally cheap anyway, and Ozzie is not exactly going to have a lot of negotiating strength.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)

1.) Florida is beginning the Oz era. Don't they have a new stadium as well? He NEEDS a 4-year deal for the feel good story to be complete. The "we got our man" in Ozzie. We got him! Three year deal won't fool anybody; four year deal and the city is ready to have a parade for its man, Ozzie. It'll be 4 year I predict.

2.) Yes they will! You got it right.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)

The thing is, if the players think it is true, it is. Doesn't matter whether it really was why or not.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 09:45 PM)
1.) Florida is beginning the Oz era. Don't they have a new stadium as well? He NEEDS a 4-year deal for the feel good story to be complete. The "we got our man" in Ozzie. We got him! Three year deal won't fool anybody; four year deal and the city is ready to have a parade for its man, Ozzie. It'll be 4 year I predict.

LOL, and who is gonna show up? You do realize that no one cares about MLB baseball in Florida.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)

You are really out of touch with the enthusiasm for baseball in Florida, as well as the NL East. The Marlins have no real shot in that division for a long time coming. Their great pipeline of players in their system has dried up, and you have mega-superstar teams like the Braves/Phillies already in place with the Nationals waiting to jump into that picture.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)

Ozzie won't last 4 years working for a fellow hothead in Loria. The Phillies, Braves and Nats are way ahead of them.

I predict he'll get fired in year 2.