WHAT THE HELL? WHITE SOX WINNER? RIOS WALK OFF SLAM?

Quin

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
Yet another great KW pickup huh? I recall the exact date that Ozzie, told KW.. I want This Rios guy barely hitting his weight in TOR, you get me him.. OOO wait, it never happened. KW was trying to block DET from grabbing him, because he thought.. Hey the Griffey trade didn't work last year.. and we are what 6-7 back. so it makes sense.. so what if he is owed 75mil more..

KW is to blame for Rios, he shouldn't be here.. Period.

And Ozzie still sucks, so your point is...?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 06:19 PM)
He let Dunn face a lefty with 2 on in the bottom of the ninth. The pinch hit Viciedo for De Aza.

Not that you could pay me to watch a Viciedoless(starting the game obviously) Sox game at the moment but holy s*** that is bad.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
He was f***ing around with a fishing pole in the dugout, acting like he didn't give two s***s about managing.

He also failed to pinch hit Viciedo for Dunn in the 9th, instead opting to pinch hit him for De Aza, who had 2 doubles in the game.

Really a fishing pole ? You're serious ? Like seasons over it's time to go fishing ? If he get's away with that and is back next year it'll be unbelievable. The Dunn decision was bizarre. He deserves every bit of criticism he got on Fox . Too bad I couldn't hear any of it.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 03:18 AM)
Really a fishing pole ? You're serious ? Like seasons over it's time to go fishing ? If he get's away with that and is back next year it'll be unbelievable. The Dunn decision was bizarre. He deserves every bit of criticism he got on Fox . Too bad I couldn't hear any of it.

Ozzie said Dunn makes too much money to get PH for.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)

He's just taking shots at Kenny now.

The "I have to play him" excuse is so f***ing stupid. Yeah, you can play him against pitchers he isn't 3-81 against. If you're b****ing about him not hitting, maybe you should put him in situations where he's more likely to hit.

We all know it's Dunn's fault he sucks, but Guillen is making the situation so much worse by putting him in situations where he's just bound to fail.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
From the article, seems like the manager was making some smart moves... So let bash him for the players not performing!

How is pinch hitting for De Aza and not Dunn (because he apparently makes too much money) a smart move?

If you're the manager and you're afraid of benching your high profile player that is hitting .037 against lefties, that means you're either a p****, flat out stupid, or trying to show up Kenny Williams.

How is pinch hitting for De Aza and not Dunn (because he apparently makes too much money) a smart move?

If you're the manager and you're afraid of benching your high profile player that is hitting .037 against lefties, that means you're either a p****, flat out stupid, or trying to show up Kenny Williams.

Dunn didn't get the big pay day for hitting .037 against lefties.. did he? He got it for driving in Runs. Dunn is not in the situation if Rios, or Alexi gets hits earlier in the game. That wasn't the only time they had bases loaded and less than 2 outs.

Ozzie doesn't need to show up Kenny.. Kenny's record is case enough for that.

One of his smartest moves, was to start Dunn, who had success against Carmona, who is also struggling.

Edited by VictoryMC98

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
Dunn didn't get the big pay day for hitting .037 against lefties.. did he? He got it for driving in Runs. Dunn is not in the situation if Rios, or Alexi gets hits earlier in the game. That wasn't the only time they had bases loaded and less than 2 outs.

One of his smartest moves, was to start Dunn, who had success against Carmona, who is also struggling.

Regardless of what he got the big payday for the fact is .037 against lefthanders . .037 !!! It's like putting a blind man to bat in a crucial situation. There is nothing more to say , nothing more to discuss.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 10:12 PM)

Defending the indefensible....your avatar should be changed to a placard with "look at me" written on it.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
From the article, seems like the manager was making some smart moves... So let bash him for the players not performing!

From the game, seems like the manager was making some stupid moves...So let bash him for the players being set up to fail!

I gotta apologize to Marty. This guy has to be Cowley.

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)

A good manager adjusts to what he has at hand. He shouldn't have to complain about whatever his GM did (after all, that is his boss). A good manager doesn't let a player who has constantly failed against a certain type of pitcher hit against that pitcher in late game situations no matter how much money he makes.

Some of you act like Ozzie didn't have a choice in the matter or didn't have somebody better to use in that situation. He did and he did have a choice. He just chose not to because he thinks Dunn makes too much money.

I guess people have their own definitions of what a good manager is, but to me, a good manager is one that deals with what he has and gets the most out of what he has. Ozzie hasn't done that since 2005.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:05 AM)
A good manager adjusts to what he has at hand. He shouldn't have to complain about whatever his GM did (after all, that is his boss). A good manager doesn't let a player who has constantly failed against a certain type of pitcher hit against that pitcher in late game situations no matter how much money he makes.

Some of you act like Ozzie didn't have a choice in the matter or didn't have somebody better to use in that situation. He did and he did have a choice. He just chose not to because he thinks Dunn makes too much money.

I guess people have their own definitions of what a good manager is, but to me, a good manager is one that deals with what he has and gets the most out of what he has. Ozzie hasn't done that since 2005.

Some people are just absurd at this point.

We all f***in know that Kenny has made numerous mistakes. Many of us want him to be relieved of his duties(hehe duty) as well but that has NOTHING to do with the fact that Ozzie keeps putting these players in positions to fail.

I get the fact that Ozzie has some crazy cult following for some dumb ass reason but some of the moves he's made this year are just beyond mind boggling. He's literally made some of the stupid decisions I've ever seen any manager make in the history of baseball.

Ozzie is seriously either trying to be fired or is just baseball retarded at this point and I'm f***in tired of him bringing my team down with him.

QUOTE (Cali @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
I gotta say I'm a big fan of Josh Lewin. I know in a million years Hawk wont be fired, but 'd love him as the play by play man in Chicago.

I would literally never watch again. He is my least favorite broadcaster in the history of sport. Corny like Chip Caray, but worse.