2012 Manager's Traits

Texsox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Really, I have no problem with Ozzie stating this.. Ozzie thought he wasn't ready to play everyday in the big leagues.. and Tank is proving Ozzie right.

Thank god he kept Dunn in there though. No way Viciedo can hit better than .160

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:25 AM)
Really, I have no problem with Ozzie stating this.. Ozzie thought he wasn't ready to play everyday in the big leagues.. and Tank is proving Ozzie right.

Please. Even with the skid, he's still hitting .292. Just stop, you're making a fool of yourself.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 06:00 AM)
*another* I'm not certain I would consider Oz a player's manager this season.

WHAT?! His preference to run his boys Pierre and Rios out there when they were the worst players in baseball through May and June was as much to do with this season's result as anything else - Dunn included.

For this and other reasons Ozzie is the definition of "player's manager".

This team needs not a recent retiree but a lifer that values outs and performance over payroll.

I want someone who is fun. I want someone who does crazy stuff and will say crazy stuff to the media that will make us laugh and laugh, while doing dances in the dugout. I want someone with MLB experience but who has been in the spotlight pretty much all of his life. I also want someone who likes to dress overly nice to the point that he sticks out.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 06:39 AM)
I want someone who is fun. I want someone who does crazy stuff and will say crazy stuff to the media that will make us laugh and laugh, while doing dances in the dugout. I want someone with MLB experience but who has been in the spotlight pretty much all of his life. I also want someone who likes to dress overly nice to the point that he sticks out.

Hey, so do I.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2011 -> 02:41 PM)
I'd love to see Frank Thomas be hitting coach.

Big Frank would never be just a hitting coach. If he decided to coach, he would have to be the manager. As a player he didn't like talking to the media when he played, he surely wouldn't want to do it as a manager.

Besides Ozzie is coming back next year, Kenny too. Things aren't as bad as everyone thinks. Next year the pressure is on the players.

Winning solves a lot of problems.

Edited by soxfan-kwman

QUOTE (soxfan-kwman @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 12:53 PM)
Big Frank would never be just a hitting coach. If he decided to coach, he would have to be the manager. As a player he didn't like talking to the media when he played, he surely wouldn't want to do it as a manager.

Besides Ozzie is coming back next year, Kenny too. Things aren't as bad as everyone thinks. Next year the pressure is on the players.

Winning solves a lot of problems.

You are f***ing high