Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 12:53 AM)
According to multiple sources, the Sox and Florida Marlins are in the final stages of completing a deal that would send the never-boring Guillen to South Beach, ending his eight-year stay with the club he grew up white as a player and helped guide to a World Series in 2005 as a second-year manager.

Where you see this?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
Interesting timing if true. I don't think we'll be getting anyone significant from the Marlins, but I'm fine with just getting out of Ozzie's contract. I wish Ozzie the best as long as he keeps his mouth quiet and leaves with dignity.

Oney should be interesting...

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 01:58 AM)
@dan_bernstein Dan Bernstein

As we first told you this afternoon, Oz met again w/JR today. Deal will be made to send him to FLA. Probably prospects, not MLB talent.

7 minutes ago via web

This makes the most sense. Marlins don't have much in their farm system, but oh well.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
I have no idea how manager deals at this point in the season work. Or if it would be official before the end of the season.

I'd assume trading a manager for a player would involve the same player trade rules for the players involved. I also don't think you can fire Ozzie today and then trade him a month or two from now.