Ozzie Guillen Released from Contract

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
Honestly I think it shows that the media just loves Ozzie. He is a dream come true for them. He generates stories for them, he generates quotes for them, and he treated them well. Losing Ozzie makes their jobs a lot tougher because they all know the next person to come in will not nearly be as valuable to them as Oz was.

It appears to me though that the media is really making guillen look bad but it could be much worse.

I think everyone (well almost everyone) agrees his time had run out. The things that made guillen a good manager are gone. If he finds these qualities in Miami he will succeed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 10:47 AM)
It appears to me though that the media is really making guillen look bad but it could be much worse.

I think everyone (well almost everyone) agrees his time had run out. The things that made guillen a good manager are gone. If he finds these qualities in Miami he will succeed.

I think Ozzie made himself look bad. If Ozzie doesn't go out and stay stupid s*** about money being the most important thing etc, he would have come out this looking like an angel.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:17 AM)
BNightengale Bob Nightengale

#mlb #Marlins Joe Frisaro reporting that Guillen will get four-year, $10 million contract

Well, it's more than $2 million per, SO OZZIE WINS!!! YES!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
Well, it's more than $2 million per, SO OZZIE WINS!!! YES!

The contract will be re-negotiated after the Marlins win the WS in 2012. It'll likely include additional monies when Ozzie receives smiles and handshakes at local eateries.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:16 AM)
I think Ozzie made himself look bad. If Ozzie doesn't go out and stay stupid s*** about money being the most important thing etc, he would have come out this looking like an angel.

Let me clarify myself. ozzeroo is making himself look bad but I think the media is actually letting him off the hook and he could be portrayed much worse especially with the fact he is not getting all that much more coin in Florida.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)
Let me clarify myself. ozzeroo is making himself look bad but I think the media is actually letting him off the hook and he could be portrayed much worse especially with the fact he is not getting all that much more coin in Florida.

He's getting 8 million more in fla, how is that not much more?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
He's getting 8 million more in fla, how is that not much more?

The assumption being next year is his last season. If he waited until this season was over and spoke of an extension, that same contract is not unfathomable. The pitching coach got a four year deal from the White Sox.

The Florida deal is not all that it was reported to be especially working for Loria.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 05:58 AM)
So i was sitting here noshing on something delicious, and i was hit by an idea.

Only one thing could possibly top the removal of ozzie guillen.

... and that would be if greg permanently forgot his password.

I'm not the religious type... but you better believe me, i pray of it happening on a daily basis.

Those trolls roaming around are too much to bear, they suck. Less than greg sucks... but they suck nonetheless.

Greg is stronger than ever now. Think about it, he has a god damn posse of invalids at his beck and call to jam their pea-brained ideas down our throats.

Please suspend me like i asked last time. When i am able to come back... just give me access to SLaM until noted otherwise. After all, there will always still be the filibuster, and i enjoy a good laugh as much as the next guy.

i have no idea why anyone even continues to engage him on this topic.

espnchijon jon greenberg

Reinsdorf and Loria had been talking about the deal after initial discussions last season, Samson said.

espnchijon jon greenberg

Samson said compensation between Marlins and White Sox was worked out Sunday afternoon. After that, Marlins could talk to Ozzie Monday.

espnchijon jon greenberg

David Samson also dropped a "California Penal League" reference and said @oneyguillen was in meeting with Ozzie and Ibis.