White Sox Manager Search Thread

HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 01:35 AM)
So you guys get your wish.

I won't bury him. I hope he succeeds.

Stop with the generalization. We already got our wish when Ozzie quit. As far as a new manager, it seems like most posters like the idea of Martinez or Alomar or Francona. The article definitely makes it sound like Martinez will be the guy, and you're not going to hear many complaints if that happens. But I don't think you'd hear too many complaints if it ended up being Alomar either.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 01:35 AM)
So you guys get your wish.

I won't bury him. I hope he succeeds.

He's one of the top managerial prospects in the game if not #1. Given the direction of the team, hiring a first-time manager probably makes the most sense. What is your problem with Martinez? Does he not make enough funnies for you?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 07:06 AM)
He's one of the top managerial prospects in the game if not #1. Given the direction of the team, hiring a first-time manager probably makes the most sense. What is your problem with Martinez? Does he not make enough funnies for you?

Well, it depends on how many smiles he receives when walking into a restaurant.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 08:30 AM)
Interesting that they still have not talked to Sandy. I wonder if that was a screen so they could hide what they really wanted?

I don't see how that would be of any real use...it's not like any other teams could talk to Martinez for the last week anyway.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)

I have one problem with him.

Francona is available.