Wild Card Wednesday!

Brian

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:26 PM)
What was the third time?

He hit a bases clearing triple in Boston to give Baltimore the lead. He hit a inside the parker against Beckett to put the first game of the series away. And of course, what just happened like 30 minutes ago. I would want to punch him if I were a Red Sox fan right now.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:29 AM)
because the Yanks are 6-12 vs Boston this year

the first 5 months of the season are irrelevant. the Red Sox September implosion is historic in it's proportions and they would have done nothing in the postseason had they managed to limp in.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
It's amazing, was it an inning earlier that it looked like the Red Sox might just make it out alive? The Yankees had first and third with no outs and Aceves just got out of that jam to hand the game over to Papelbon. Then BANG it's over.

WPA graphs

Rays

20110928_Yankees_Rays_0_20110928231228_l

Red Sox

20110928_RedSox_Orioles_0_20110928231129

Red Sox had a 95.3% chance of winning in the 9th. The Rays literally had no chance of winning in the 8th. Amazing stuff.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:32 AM)
lol, the Yankees didnt throw that game..

They "took it easy" by using a pitcher committee, but when youre up 7-0 you dont all of the sudden go "alright, NOW we throw this game!!"

:notworthy :notworthy

Yep, getting to a point where Tampa was a strike away from losing probably isn't a smart decision by the Yankees if they did throw the game on purpose

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:36 PM)
This might be the most unbelievable night of baseball I can recall.

Honestly, it is. I kept wanting to turn the games off for good because I didn't want to deal with watching things go the exact opposite way of what I wanted. Then, it was suddenly exactly what I wanted.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:33 PM)
the first 5 months of the season are irrelevant. the Red Sox September implosion is historic in it's proportions and they would have done nothing in the postseason had they managed to limp in.

I really don't care, not a Red Sox fan, I guess I just find it curious that they blow a 7 run lead late in the game, how many times have the Yanks blow that large a lead that late in the game this year?I'm guessing not many if at all.

Anyways, I'm pulling for the Rangers and Tigers in the AL.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
Hey Carl, there will be a ticket left at will call for you if youre interested in attending a playoff game.

--Rays

Hahaha nice. It's fitting that Crawford was the one who dropped the ball Andino hit and made a poor throw to home plate.

There was a lot of weird stuff today.

For instance, Pence hit a single to send Berkman to the playoffs and kept Bourn away from it. All former Astros.

And of course, Crawford dropped the ball in LF to help the Rays win the WC. Very weird. If only Dan Johnson played for the Red Sox before...

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
Honestly, it is. I kept wanting to turn the games off for good because I didn't want to deal with watching things go the exact opposite way of what I wanted. Then, it was suddenly exactly what I wanted.

Really - its hard not to want to watch the playoffs this year after that. You also have to wonder if they might reconsider wanting to expand the playoffs.