LET'S MAKE A LIST OCTOBER '11 - FAVORITE SPORTS MOVIES

knightni

Looks like sports movies gets the pick for October.

Please send me a list of your favorite sports movies 1 through 25. At least 1-15 if you can.

Number them from 1-25 with one being your most favorite and 25 being your least.

PM the list to me by Thursday October 20. I'll get the list started as soon after the 20th as I can.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we talking about movies that are ABOUT Sports, or movies that just revolve around sports in some way?

For example: The Big Lebowski isn't about bowling, but there's a lot of it in the movie. While, Kingpin is ALL about bowling. It's at the center of the narrative.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 14, 2011 -> 02:44 PM)
My list is going to be terrible. I'm just starting to realize how many classic sports movies I've never seen.

Same here.

I've also noticed of the ones I have seen, only a few would I actually rank. Most of the ones I'm my list I'm very "meh" about as movies in general.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 16, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
We need to have a list of the top 25 reasons Big Lebowski is such a focking brilliant film. Until then I can do sports movies.

Top 25 Big Lebowski quotes would be amazing. You don't even need any background info from the quote itself, just a clip to the scene of the movie. I quote so many obscure lines from that movie and people still get it immediately.

"Oh, and Dude...tomorrow's already the 10th."

"Far out."

"..."

"Ohh, right"

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 17, 2011 -> 12:45 AM)
Top 25 Big Lebowski quotes would be amazing. You don't even need any background info from the quote itself, just a clip to the scene of the movie. I quote so many obscure lines from that movie and people still get it immediately.

"Oh, and Dude...tomorrow's already the 10th."

"Far out."

"..."

"Ohh, right"

This

Walter Sobchak is one of the funniest angry characters ever, love this movie, Cohen brothers rock!