All New Soccer Thread ~ All Levels ~ All Leagues

Texsox

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 03:03 AM)
Where's our boy? Celtic made the comeback. Their reward is getting trounced in the group stage (oh and millions of dollars).

:lol: I was a happy man in Glasgow last night.

Got back home at around 5am for a few hours sleep. Still smiling today, and it's my wedding anniversary an' all.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 03:04 AM)
I watched most of that game, I'm surprised that stadium didn't collapse after that last goal. Sorry Borat.

It was absolutely mental, man. I ended up about ten rows of seats over hugging and dancing with a pal. My voice is a bit gravely today.

First goal was a beaut, and good timing just before half time. I had started to get a sinking feeling that it wasn't going to be our night, so that really lifted the spirits.

Second goal - at the time I was afraid that Samaras was offside, so my celebration was a bit delayed.

Third goal, injury time winner to seal our place in the group stages - bedlam! :)

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 6, 2013 -> 10:42 PM)
Paging Brad Guzan...Please take over the starting spot at GK. I've seen enough of Howard not making the quick decision and costing this team. No way Guzan can be any worse than Howard.

Are you serious? Two set pieces and a breakaway and you're blaming Howard? He had no chance on the first two. I don't know what you want. The goat of the game for me is Orozco. He got torched early.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 02:50 AM)
Are you serious? Two set pieces and a breakaway and you're blaming Howard? He had no chance on the first two. I don't know what you want. The goat of the game for me is Orozco. He got torched early.

Yes I'm blaming Howard on the breakaway. The Costa Rican player and Besler bother were at mid field when the ball was cleared into open space and it was finally touched for the first time just feet outside of the penalty box. He could have came out of his area and cleared that ball away.

The second goal was a high soft cross and he just sat on his line once again. The ball was headed in the 6 yard box. He had the time to atleast make a play on the cross.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Mexico. Enjoy New Zealand.

If we can win or draw Tuesday, the 9th matchday will feature the biggest game of the Hex with Panama at Mexico. 4th place isnt a lock for Mexico, especially since they travel to Costa Rica the final day and Panama could be facing a B-team USA squad at home.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 02:50 AM)

Howard was at fault on the third goal for not charging that ball. His positioning was awful. Beasley was at fault on the first goal but I also want to see Guzan given a chance.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
If we can win or draw Tuesday, the 9th matchday will feature the biggest game of the Hex with Panama at Mexico. 4th place isnt a lock for Mexico, especially since they travel to Costa Rica the final day and Panama could be facing a B-team USA squad at home.

And given the remaining schedules, it's going to be very unlikely for Mexico to get back into the top 3. It's pretty amazing really.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 7, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
And given the remaining schedules, it's going to be very unlikely for Mexico to get back into the top 3. It's pretty amazing really.

In 4 games at Azteca, they have earned 3 points and been outscored 2-1. Nobody would have ever believed that seven months ago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
Lets get back on the winning trail on Tuesday. US team has played poorly in its last 2 international games (especially on the defensive side of the ball).

They played poorly in a win in Bosnia? The defense wasn't great, but that was still a good showing. I'd like to hurt Mexico, but the US only needs to beat Jamaica at home to qualify so I'm not worried in the least.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 8, 2013 -> 02:41 PM)
They played poorly in a win in Bosnia? The defense wasn't great, but that was still a good showing. I'd like to hurt Mexico, but the US only needs to beat Jamaica at home to qualify so I'm not worried in the least.

Giving up the early goals they did was poor. Offense was good but defense was brutal early in that game.