Your excitement level for the 2012 White Sox Pt.1

Cali

Basically on a scale of 1-10 how excited are you for the 2012 Season as of right now. I'll do another one after the winter meetings...

Right now for me:

And it PAINS me to be only that excited. It stays out of zero country because I really love baseball and it's hard for me to not be at least a little excited, but the joke of a managerial search dampened the hell out of me, and the final choice of Robin Ventura (and subsequent interviews with him and Kenny) was completely uninspiring. I'm hoping the team isn't planning a campaign based on "There's no way everyone who sucked in 2011 can all suck again in 2012" but that's looking to be the case. Selling off some pieces in a few week would actually help my excitement level for this team, since I don't think they're going anywhere next season in the first place.

It does get those few ticks higher than just a 1 because I do want to see a full season of De Aza, Viciedo, and Reed. And see if Morel can take that strong finish into 2012, as well as see if a different hitting coach can get Gordo's head out of his own ass. Oh, and a full season of Santos closing. But that number will need to grow past about 6.5 for me actually spend money on the baseball package next year. If not, I'll just follow the above people in box scores on through the site haha.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 01:10 PM)
Haven't hated the Sox this much in many years. Kenny should have been fired.

I'll always be interested in the Sox, and look forward to the moves.

I'm at about a 2 right now.

M-56? Stop.

It's like the M-60 in First Blood but just 4 less.

Haven't hated the Sox this much in many years. Kenny should have been fired.

I'll always be interested in the Sox, and look forward to the moves.

I'm at about a 2 right now.

M-56? Stop.

Exactly. But, if we had a top notch GM he would presumably trade Danks, Quentin, Thornton and possibly a couple more for the very best prospects available. Then, he would give the young guys all the opportunity to play in 2012 while investing in Latin American players and developing prospects in the minor league system.

This would put my level of interest at a 6.5. If this team resembles anything like last year's (minus Buehrle) then my interest level will be a 2.0.

Edited by WHITESOXRANDY

QUOTE (WHITESOXRANDY @ Nov 16, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
Exactly. But, if we had a top notch GM he would presumably trade Danks, Quentin, Thornton and possibly a couple more for the very best prospects available. Then, he would give the young guys all the opportunity to play in 2012 while investing in Latin American players and developing prospects in the minor league system.

This would put my level of interest at a 6.5. If this team resembles anything like last year's then my interest level will be a 2.0.

But then again, the 70 wins that team will probably rack up will reduce a lot of people's interest levels.

5 or 6, honestly.

We're probably going to see a couple significant trades. The output of that is the chance for us to get excited about the progress of some prospects for the first time in a long time, and our expectations of next season are really low, but even losing a couple guys, our team still has a solid chance to take the division. Our lack of success was based on good players playing badly for no good reason at all. A healthy Peavy and an average season from Dunn/Rios could be enough to take the Central even without Buerhle and one of Danks/Floyd.

So, it'll be nice to go into next season being able to focus on watching the players and maybe getting lucky with success, instead of expecting dominance and getting frustrated and angry when I don't see it every day.

I feel better than I did at the end of the season. I am looking forward to a new era. I am cautiously optimistic about Dunn. If they do not reach an agreement with Mark, then I will drop to the end of the season point and probably not pay too much attention until May.