2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god what a day.

First of all props to Jarrod Rudolph from Real GM if that is indeed true, he's been fantastic to follow on Twitter and I highly recommend you do if you aren't currently, very good on the sources.

Dan Fegan, karma is a b****. I was simply going to write a "I hate Dan Fegan. That is all" post an hour ago, before the latest news broke.

Dwight's image has been severly tarnished with this, and his image is very important to him, he doesn't want to be seen as another Lebron and people who actually know him personally will tell you that. However there's no doubt his agent has been in his ear since the off-season trying to get to move and sign a new deal so he can simply a nice chunk of change on that.

If Dwight does opt-in, Orlando simply have to acquire as many contracts that expire by next off-season as possible. And the good news is, a lot of the current roster actually do. Nelson's 8.6M a season deal finishes in 2013, Redick's 6.75M deal finishes in 2013. Turkoglu's contract I believe the final year is either a team option or 10M of it is not guaranteed, so Orlando can easily get out of that deal if they wish.

Getting rid of Jason Richardson and Glen Davis would be huge keys. Richardson should be easily tradeable, Minnesota almost had him before they went down the Jamal Crawford route. Davis will be a lot harder, 6.5M a season for another 3 years, Orlando will probably have to add a 1st rounder to get out of that deal.

But if they can do the above, then Orlando will have another Miami situation on their hands. The likes of Josh Smith, Monta Ellis, Chris Paul, Andre Igoudala etc. are all going to be free agents if they don't re-sign with their current team. If Orlando can have enough cap room to sign 2 of those guys, and if Dwight opts - in, I think that's going to be the best way for them to keep him long - term now.

But I'll wake up in the morning and the trade deadline will just have gone past my time, so it'll be very interesting to read what actually happens.

An hour ago myself and Orlando fans probably thought it was 80/20 Dwight was going to New Jersey or Houston tomorrow. Now it looks 50:50 depending on whether Rudolph is actually right. Until Dwight actually signs that waiver form though saying he won't opt out, I won't hold my breath.

And if he does stay, how bad are New Jersey going to be next season? No way Deron Williams stays there, he's off to Dallas for sure.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 14, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
Hey does a great job cheering all game at least. He's just staring at loose balls tonight.

My biggest pet peev is before free throws, he has to hold the ball and squeeze it for a few seconds while everyone waits for him to give it to the ref. That and going up soft. I love watching Taj explode to the rim than we have Boozer on the other hand,

Where's Gage to defend him? ;)

Edited by Brian

FWIW, I also see Nate McMillan ending up as the next coach of the Knicks if they can't get Phil Jackson.

Woodson is going to have to win a playoff series in order to keep his job, and I don't see that happening.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 12:53 AM)
No, please trade Boozer. He was so f***ing worthless.

No one's taking that contract unless you give them a lot to do so, and the Bulls don't have the assets to do so. They can decide whether to amnesty him next summer or the summer after based on where they are re: the luxury tax.

Even Dwyane Wade's father was fired up. He was ejected from his seat near the floor for refusing to stop using profanity, according to sources. I'm not sure what he was angry about, maybe all those Lucas baskets. Maybe he expected better against a Rose-less team.
Link

"I have gotten some bad advice," Howard said. "I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn't deserve none of this. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will do whatever I can to make this right and do what I was put in Orlando to do."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
"I have gotten some bad advice," Howard said. "I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn't deserve none of this. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will do whatever I can to make this right and do what I was put in Orlando to do."

Pssh, way too f***ing late for that. Sorry, I don't buy it. The guy came out last year and said trade me. He's openly talked about teams that he wants to be traded to, while playing for the Magic. He's gotten terrible advice, but we're not talking rocket science here. Don't string fans along is just common sense.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
Well, I highly doubt the Bulls lock down a big splash today. They need to somehow get healthy and I still believe they can take the Heat.

I'm still uncertain but last night did provide some confidence.

The Bulls just aren't in a position to make a trade right now, they don't have the assets to do it unless some GM decides to help the Bulls out.

The only way they are getting better is having Jesus waive his arms over the roster.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 08:55 AM)
Pssh, way too f***ing late for that. Sorry, I don't buy it. The guy came out last year and said trade me. He's openly talked about teams that he wants to be traded to, while playing for the Magic. He's gotten terrible advice, but we're not talking rocket science here. Don't string fans along is just common sense.

+1

He still hasnt signed the option.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
I'm still uncertain but last night did provide some confidence.

The Bulls just aren't in a position to make a trade right now, they don't have the assets to do it unless some GM decides to help the Bulls out.

The only way they are getting better is having Jesus waive his arms over the roster.

Yeah, it's all about health.

I'm not going to jump up and down and say last night proves anything, the Bulls shot ridiculous from 3 point range. I DO THINK I saw something intriguing in the way Thibs coached. He let LeBron and Wade get theirs and resisted double teams, and that REALLY WORKED. In a 7 game series it wouldn't work every night, but could it possibly work 3 times when we can't score and then maybe a 4th when the MVP goes nuts?

It's possible.

We have quite possibly the best coach in basketball and a roster hungry to listen, which I'm hoping gives us an advantage.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)

Translated to: "Oh s***, I'm not getting traded anywhere I want to go, so I better make it seem like I have bad advisers and that I'm still just a nice guy that loves the fans"

What a tool

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
No one's taking that contract unless you give them a lot to do so, and the Bulls don't have the assets to do so. They can decide whether to amnesty him next summer or the summer after based on where they are re: the luxury tax.

Word on the street is a package deal of Boozer, Rios and Dunn for Pujols, Howard + prospects

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 10:07 AM)
Yeah, it's all about health.

I'm not going to jump up and down and say last night proves anything, the Bulls shot ridiculous from 3 point range. I DO THINK I saw something intriguing in the way Thibs coached. He let LeBron and Wade get theirs and resisted double teams, and that REALLY WORKED. In a 7 game series it wouldn't work every night, but could it possibly work 3 times when we can't score and then maybe a 4th when the MVP goes nuts?

It's possible.

We have quite possibly the best coach in basketball and a roster hungry to listen, which I'm hoping gives us an advantage.

Like I said, I'm a bit more confident after last night, but seriously the Bulls can't beat the Heat in 7 if they can't get their roster healthy. CJ being gone is one thing, but losing Rip hurts the entire setup because Brewer has to fill the starter role. ANd yeah, that Rose guy is kinda important.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
Word on the street is a package deal of Boozer, Rios and Dunn for Pujols, Howard + prospects

I'm happy were keeping the rights to Mirotic, but my worry is who plays the 1? I mean now we have Pujols, Howard and Noah who all play the 1. Thibs is going to have his hands full.