2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

By the way, whoever thinks lebron should ever have his name along with the all-time, absolute greats WITHOUT having any sort of killer instinct is just plain bein' ridiculous. Such a lame move to have to defer to wade whenever it's crunch time. And you CANNOT ever argue that passing the ball to udonis freakin' haslem for a freakin' jump shot JUST inside the 3 point line for a game-winner instead of lebron, the most physically gifted and talented player of all time in his prime, is EVER the right basketball decision. He's never gonna have the mentality to be THE BEST...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
You CAN and SHOULD blame Bulls management for their general trade ineptitude and inability to ever creatively improve the team. hamilton has shown his worthlessness, for example, so maybe creatively bringing in a little bit of scoring help without sacrificing too much woulda been nice. Just please don't ask me what that move shoulda been cuz I'm not a GM, nor to I get payed to be one, and fan trade scenarios always sound ridiculous anyways.

You can argue that they have the best record so no changes should be made, but I think that says more about Coach Thibs and the winning culture and coaching he's brought. Give him more a little bit more talent to work with instead of broken-down parts and he'll maximize it and be much more capable of getting past the big, obvious obstacle in our way...

Yeah Bulls management is completely inept at creatively improving the team. They're the best team record wise in the NBA right now, they were the best team in the NBA record wise last year.

Yeah sorry I'm going to cut them some slack.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Yeah Bulls management is completely inept at creatively improving the team. They're the best team record wise in the NBA right now, they were the best team in the NBA record wise last year.

Yeah sorry I'm going to cut them some slack.

The "best team in the NBA" won 1 game in the ECF with home court.

This years team is, somehow, even less healthy and has 0 positive additions and once again must rely on a superhero performance from Rose to win in the ECF again. Hooooray bulls management.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)

This years team is, somehow, even less healthy and has 0 positive additions and once again must rely on a superhero performance from Rose to win in the ECF again. Hooooray bulls management.

You guys are seriously pathetic. Most teams rely on their star(s) once it gets to the CF and Finals. Give me a break. And don't put quotes around "best team in the NBA" the fact remains that no team has won more NBA games since October 2010 than the Bulls so like I said record wise they're the best. Learn to read.

Also, nothing management can do when Wade, Lebron, and Dwight don't want to come here. Did you want them to give up the house for Gasol? Cause I certainly am happy they didn't.

Oh Yeah and thanks for pointing out the health situation. Our management managed to build a team that has put up the best record in the NBA while being fully healthy like 5 times this season.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 04:14 PM)
Only the dumb ones.

I can be a tad perturbed at the price paid for Nick Young, but whatever.

Nick Young's a chucker who can't play D, but it still would have been nice to have him, especially at the price LAC paid.

You CAN and SHOULD blame Bulls management for their general trade ineptitude and inability to ever creatively improve the team. hamilton has shown his worthlessness, for example, so maybe creatively bringing in a little bit of scoring help without sacrificing too much woulda been nice. Just please don't ask me what that move shoulda been cuz I'm not a GM, nor to I get payed to be one, and fan trade scenarios always sound ridiculous anyways.

You can argue that they have the best record so no changes should be made, but I think that says more about Coach Thibs and the winning culture and coaching he's brought. Give him more a little bit more talent to work with instead of broken-down parts and he'll maximize it and be much more capable of getting past the big, obvious obstacle in our way...

This is retarded, getting fleeced in trades while giving players who contribute a lot to the team we have right now is not trade ineptitude. Yea we lost to the Heat last year, yea it sucked and yea it was embarrassing... but we have a really solid group now and if other teams want to get in on the bench guys and role players we have we should be the ones who win the trade and not them. We should have some patience and appreciate that the Bulls have come back into the season with a pretty similar team to the one that had a great year last year. I want to win this group, I honestly like every single one of these players. I'm wouldn't sell our teams soul just to match ourselves up better with the Heat, I know for a fact the guys we have now can get it done.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)

The Bulls problem last year was that they couldn't score enough points, they were #11 offensively while this year they are 3rd, they can score, they are 8-3 without Rose and just come off beating Miami...

Let's not pretend Rose didn't suck last year in the ECFs. A healthy Bulls team with HCA beats Miami this time, the Heat are still flawed, they are top heavy and the rest of the team once you get past the Big 3 don't impress me.

Damn near every move we make works well, I couldn't help but think that way this morning. Boozer is the main disappointment so far, but everyone had concerns about how he would fit in a Thibodeau defense. Those concerns continue -- occasionally he seems to be turning things around, other times he falls into old habits of passive defense.

Rip hasn't been healthy in a shortened season and I won't blame the GM for that just yet, especially given the fact that Brewer has been phenomenal and Korver has far exceeded expectations this year as well.

So Dwight Howard opts-in for another season, and Magic fans and myself can now smile and shake their heads at 95% experts/people etc. who guaranteed he was going to Jersey or Dallas.

As I said before, dumping the contracts of Richardson and Davis should be the goal until the 2013 off-season, but knowing Otis Smith if he sticks around (which is very doubtful now that Howard is staying for another season), he'd be offering the MLE to the likes of Brian Scalabrine if they were available.

I wonder if New Jersey now tries to stick it to Orlando by offering Ryan Anderson say 11M a season for 5 years and daring Orlando to match it. Certainly wouldn't rule it out.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 03:25 AM)
So Dwight Howard opts-in for another season, and Magic fans and myself can now smile and shake their heads at 95% experts/people etc. who guaranteed he was going to Jersey or Dallas.

As I said before, dumping the contracts of Richardson and Davis should be the goal until the 2013 off-season, but knowing Otis Smith if he sticks around (which is very doubtful now that Howard is staying for another season), he'd be offering the MLE to the likes of Brian Scalabrine if they were available.

I wonder if New Jersey now tries to stick it to Orlando by offering Ryan Anderson say 11M a season for 5 years and daring Orlando to match it. Certainly wouldn't rule it out.

If someone offers me a package like Denver got for Melo, with a boatload of picks and I'm the Magic, I trade his ass. He only just increased his trade value, nothing else.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
If someone offers me a package like Denver got for Melo, with a boatload of picks and I'm the Magic, I trade his ass. He only just increased his trade value, nothing else.

Which teams are out there who've actually got the young assets and draft picks to actually come up with an offer like that though?

Certainly not New Jersey after they gave away their 1st rounder today (insane trade BTW).

And Dwight should have more value than Melo, much more complete player on both ends of the floor obviously.

Orlando just have to try and pull off their own "Super-Friends" scenario in 2013 from here IMO.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 03:53 AM)
Which teams are out there who've actually got the young assets and draft picks to actually come up with an offer like that though?

Certainly not New Jersey after they gave away their 1st rounder today (insane trade BTW).

And Dwight should have more value than Melo, much more complete player on both ends of the floor obviously.

Orlando just have to try and pull off their own "Super-Friends" scenario in 2013 from here IMO.

What Super-Friends could they get Dwight in 2013?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
What Super-Friends could they get Dwight in 2013?

Chris Paul, Josh Smith, Monta Ellis and Andre Igoudala are some of the free agents in 2013 IIRC. Deron Williams also if he somehow decides to opt-in for another season now.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 04:07 AM)
Chris Paul, Josh Smith, Monta Ellis and Andre Igoudala are some of the free agents in 2013 IIRC. Deron Williams also if he somehow decides to opt-in for another season now.

Paul won't unless Blake is injured/Nick Young too crazy.

The rest I can see, though I don't see Deron staying in NJ/Brooklyn.

If I'm the Magic I'd go after Smith and Ellis of those 5.

Though it should be noted: Any Super-Friends team outside of the Heat hasn't had a world shattering success.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Paul won't unless Blake is injured/Nick Young too crazy.

The rest I can see, though I don't see Deron staying in NJ/Brooklyn.

If I'm the Magic I'd go after Smith and Ellis of those 5.

Though it should be noted: Any Super-Friends team outside of the Heat hasn't had a world shattering success.

A lot depends on what the cap will be that season and if any, how much it goes up from what it is now.

Smith and Ellis do make the most sense, Smith is best friends with Dwight, although if Anderson is re-signed long - term, I don't see as much of a need there. Ellis makes a ton of sense as Orlando is desperate for a 4th quarter guy who can create his own shot.

If the Clips decide to keep VDN for the next season and a half, there's always hope with CP3 IMO.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 01:38 AM)
Damn near every move we make works well, I couldn't help but think that way this morning. Boozer is the main disappointment so far, but everyone had concerns about how he would fit in a Thibodeau defense. Those concerns continue -- occasionally he seems to be turning things around, other times he falls into old habits of passive defense.

Rip hasn't been healthy in a shortened season and I won't blame the GM for that just yet, especially given the fact that Brewer has been phenomenal and Korver has far exceeded expectations this year as well.

The biggest problem with Boozer is not that he's bad, it's that he's paid $15 million. If he were an $8 million player, no one would really mind the Bulls having him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 16, 2012 -> 11:55 PM)
The biggest problem with Boozer is not that he's bad, it's that he's paid $15 million. If he were an $8 million player, no one would really mind the Bulls having him.

That was the off-season of "The Decision" and the Bulls just had to come away with something before the Rose extension kicked in if they ever wanted to challenge the Big Boys in the East.

Boozer's certainly not worth what he brings in terms of numbers, but everything you hear around the league in terms of his leadership and influence in the locker room has been top notch.

I think you've definitely seen the best of him as a player though, and his numbers going down every since 07-08 pretty much reflect that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Yeah, it's all about health.

I'm not going to jump up and down and say last night proves anything, the Bulls shot ridiculous from 3 point range. I DO THINK I saw something intriguing in the way Thibs coached. He let LeBron and Wade get theirs and resisted double teams, and that REALLY WORKED. In a 7 game series it wouldn't work every night, but could it possibly work 3 times when we can't score and then maybe a 4th when the MVP goes nuts?

It's possible.

We have quite possibly the best coach in basketball and a roster hungry to listen, which I'm hoping gives us an advantage.

The changes they made on the offensive end were also key. Instead of the pick and pop or ISO which allows Miami to showcase their one on one defensive skills, they ran that motion offense which forces MIA to move their feet and hustle. The Bulls just sliced them apart with it. They had so many open shots and dives it was unreal. As good of individual defenders as those guys are, they are not ones for recovering to spots on the floor.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 15, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)
You guys are seriously pathetic. Most teams rely on their star(s) once it gets to the CF and Finals. Give me a break. And don't put quotes around "best team in the NBA" the fact remains that no team has won more NBA games since October 2010 than the Bulls so like I said record wise they're the best. Learn to read.

Also, nothing management can do when Wade, Lebron, and Dwight don't want to come here. Did you want them to give up the house for Gasol? Cause I certainly am happy they didn't.

Oh Yeah and thanks for pointing out the health situation. Our management managed to build a team that has put up the best record in the NBA while being fully healthy like 5 times this season.

I heart Kev!

I heart Kev!

I heart Kev!