2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
I almost had a heart attack, looks like DRose will be alright.

Ross collides knees with Parker, limps off, timeout taken, misses no time, first possession, immediately takes Parker to the hole and scores.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
Saw Rose play good defense on Parker (actually, Parker was double teamed and trapped in a corner), which resulted in a turnover.

This is not quite the road test that it should be without Ginobli.

It's still a b2b after a tough game yesterday and working in a new player at SG. This looked rough, still probably will be.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
It's official. Joakim is back to being a top center in basketball.

Noah in February: 11.6 points (.539 FG%), 11.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.5 blocks

Howard in February: 20.1 points (.555 FG%), 15.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 2.4 blocks

(I know that was a blatant troll post, but I couldn't help myself so the few people that actually DO believe that don't bother trying to defend it)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 03:45 AM)
Noah in February: 11.6 points (.539 FG%), 11.4 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 1.5 blocks

Howard in February: 20.1 points (.555 FG%), 15.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 2.4 blocks

(I know that was a blatant troll post, but I couldn't help myself so the few people that actually DO believe that don't bother trying to defend it)

*A* top and *THE* top are a lot different. I think everyone recognizes there's a big dropoff after Dwight.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 09:49 PM)
*A* top and *THE* top are a lot different. I think everyone recognizes there's a big dropoff after Dwight.

Fair enough. Misread the "a" as "the", which clearly wasn't the case.

Although I think posting the numbers between the two still stands, since there are a few people that come to this thread that think Noah is better than Dwight (or at least on the same level, which is farrrr from the case).

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)

Although I think posting the numbers between the two still stands, since there are a few people that come to this thread that think Noah is better than Dwight (or at least on the same level, which is farrrr from the case).

Dude. Just watch the Wolves lose to the Lakers and stop trolling. No one is dumb enough to consider anyone but Dwight as THE top center. I'd like for you to find one person in this thread who ever posted anything remotely close to your claim here.

Oh. And. MONEYSHOT LUOL DENG ALL STAR!

Really big road W against a very good, very hot Spurs team. Especially in a back to back. I'll say it again, health is the biggest key for the Bulls.

And I don't give a s*** that Boozer is on the bench in the 4th. I care about W's.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)

yeah right...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 02:40 PM)
Extremely false, no matter how many times you repeat it. I was just a young teenager when they were winning 13 games a season and still watched as many games as I could. I watched every single draft. s***, I watched all their summer league games.

I didn't watch their summer league games, but I did actually watch the Bulls when they were god awful, quite frequently too.

The thought of them having a slight chance to win was enough for me to watch. But then again, I was like 10 years old back then and I had nothing better to do.

I would like to hear the fallout of Rose's knee injury after tonight. He was in serious pain after the collision, he did play the rest of the game, but I didn't really see any explosion from him tonight. I hope this isn't a lingering injury where he can play immediately after, but forces him to miss time in the future.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
I would like to hear the fallout of Rose's knee injury after tonight. He was in serious pain after the collision, he did play the rest of the game, but I didn't really see any explosion from him tonight. I hope this isn't a lingering injury where he can play immediately after, but forces him to miss time in the future.

He never really turned the jets on all the way, but he was still getting to the hole at will and got extreme elevation when going up for shots. I think he's fine.

I hope he's fine.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
I didn't watch their summer league games, but I did actually watch the Bulls when they were god awful, quite frequently too.

The thought of them having a slight chance to win was enough for me to watch. But then again, I was like 10 years old back then and I had nothing better to do.

I was definitely the 10-15 year old watching summer league games when the Bulls were terrible.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
Nope, Nope, Nope. And I'm sure Kyle is going to come in here and get on me for talking in absolutes. But NOBODY was watching those teams consistently. I won't say every night. It would be damn near impossible to watch EVERY game of any season. But I don't want to hear it. The Bulls from 99 to I think it was '05 ( or what year was it that they made the playoffs under Skiles the first time?). They were Charlotte Bobcats bad. Oh my goodness. I still remember when Corey Bengamin and Khalid El-Amin got starts. You all are liars. The truth will set you free.

You're a lil bit basketball-retarded. I shall now refer to you as deandrejordan4life.

I'll take kornel david takin' the game-winner over ANYBODY...

Another trade rumor to speculate on here;

The Orlando Magic have reached out to the Golden State Warriors about trading for Monta Ellis, according to league sources.

No deal is imminent, but Orlando is trying to add Ellis to its roster in hopes of appeasing Dwight Howard. Rather than aggressively pursuing a trade of Howard before the March 15 deadline, the Magic are desperately seeking a move that will convince Howard he can stay in Orlando.

Howard has long mentioned Ellis, who is the seventh leading scorer in the league with a 22.2 points average, as someone he would love to play with.

Golden State is willing to listen to the Magic about a potential trade for its shooting guard, but there is little on Orlando's roster that appeals to the Warriors, according to sources.

Thus, the sides are not close to having the parameters of a deal in place. Instead, Orlando will begin looking for other clubs to get involved in a three-or four-team deal that would satisfy the Warriors and bring Ellis to Orlando.

Golden State's greatest desire is to add a quality big man to its roster.

In fact, sources say the Warriors would actually like to trade for Howard, even though he has said he will not sign to play there long-term. In approaching the Magic about a Howard trade earlier this season, the Warriors were willing to send Ellis to Orlando in the trade.

I think the only possible solution would be a 3 team deal. Something like the Warriors getting Kaman, Orlando getting Ellis, the Hornets getting Redick and Nelson does work cap wise, but picks would need to be added, and I don't think the Hornets would take Nelson, therefore you may have to add another team to get a deal done.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 11:54 PM)
He never really turned the jets on all the way, but he was still getting to the hole at will and got extreme elevation when going up for shots. I think he's fine.

I hope he's fine.

I told my wife when he came back in, "that one's going to hurt like hell tomorrow". I'm sure Rose won't miss any time, he actually got really lucky that it was bone on bone and not anything that could f*** with ligaments.

When he was writhing in pain, I was getting out the knives for self-mutilation.